Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TFL Contactless

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can I just use my card on the tube or do I have to do something to set it up beforehand ???
I've had a look at the website but it's unclear - but I have had a couple.
I did have an oyster card but f*ck knows where the c*nt is now.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
No need to set anything up. Just use your contactless card as an Oyster card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just tap as you would with an Oyster (train wanker).

I'm flying today. I've downloaded my boarding pass to my phone; what/who do I tap with my phone to gain access to my seat please?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How does the contactless thing work then? If, for example, I take 5 single journeys does it work out the cheapest fair i.e. Ultimately charge me the price of a daily travel card? Once I'm over the price of a travel-card will me contacts not be charged?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
How does the contactless thing work then? If, for example, I take 5 single journeys does it work out the cheapest fair i.e. Ultimately charge me the price of a daily travel card? Once I'm over the price of a travel-card will me contacts not be charged?

Exactly that. It's the same as Oyster, so as long as you don't use different cards(!), it's capped.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Funny how much of a mystery, travel and paying on TFL has become. I went to London at the weekend and used Contactless for the Tube, DLR and bus. TBH I have avoided the buses ever since they went cashless. Sort of thought I couldn't use them as an 'out of towner' with no Oyster card. However all easy with Contactless. Tap in, tap out on the tube. Tap on, but not off on the bus. But it will probably take a few years before I go back on a Brighton bus now they are charging extra to pay by cash!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly that. It's the same as Oyster, so as long as you don't use different cards(!), it's capped.

Thanks. As an aside I'll be seeing shortly. Weekend of 10th isn't it?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Funny how much of a mystery, travel and paying on TFL has become. I went to London at the weekend and used Contactless for the Tube, DLR and bus. TBH I have avoided the buses ever since they went cashless. Sort of thought I couldn't use them as an 'out of towner' with no Oyster card. However all easy with Contactless. Tap in, tap out on the tube. Tap on, but not off on the bus. But it will probably take a few years before I go back on a Brighton bus now they are charging extra to pay by cash!

I never use London buses, so this might be a stoopid question.
Why don't you tap off on a bus?
How will it know what journey you took?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here