Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stripes or no stripes

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just to give you something else to think about , how would you feel about having a new kit without the stripes ? They've just shown our new kits for the coming season and most palace fans are having a meltdown ( not on your scale ) about the doing away with our stripes ! Be honest how would you feel ? The away is fine and is pretty much liked across the board but the home ? ,well , tell me what you think ?:glare:

image.jpeg

The bottom one is with stripes added

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,202
Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sorry, can you re-read this and make it intelligible to English speakers, as most of us do not understand gibberish

Is it the away kit you like, or the away kit you dislike,

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If Tony decided to replace your stripes how would you feel ?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Personally I quite like it as a kit and think it looks pretty good. But I'm not a palace fan so have no personal attachment to it.

However

If our club did something similar and did away with the stripes (like they NEARLY did with our last Errea kit, the first with Amex sponsorship when it turned to 2 big stripes)

I will have another hissy fit and not buy it as it's losing our identity. Same as your lot are probably feeling. The last time I remember a team getting rid of their traditional stripes was Southampton when they were promoted back to the Prem. Think it only lasted that season and changed back.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just to give you something else to think about , how would you feel about having a new kit without the stripes ? They've just shown our new kits for the coming season and most palace fans are having a meltdown ( not on your scale ) about the doing away with our stripes ! Be honest how would you feel ? The away is fine and is pretty much liked across the board but the home ? ,well , tell me what you think ?:glare:

attachment.php

The bottom one is with stripes added
24736F8900000578-2898629-image-a-25_1420544777084.jpg

Not hungry ta :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such ghastly bright shades of blue and red, also it's made by Macron so naturally is non-league in design.

I would be gutted if we had a similar kit.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I wouldn't like it personally, it's definitely an identity loss. Less so with you lot as your colours are identifiable without the stripes, but still.

If we did something similar it'd end up looking like some horrendous Wigan kit from 10 years ago or something.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good question that merits a reasonable response, I feel.

I don't know enough about the history of your kits to talk with qualification on how that fits with heritage and tradition. However, I'll take if your folk aren't happy, then it's probably not in keeping.

This shirt is probably the closest to us losing the stripes in recent times...

Louise Brighton shirt.jpg

...although in the early - mid 80s we pretty much dropped them and turned solid blue, with various twists.

Now though? We are blue and white stripes and I'd be very upset if we changed. As would you, surely, those Tesco bag jokes nearly write themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here