Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting a train form Gatwick advice please.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Were flying back into Gatwick is a couple of week and planning to get a train back to Brighton and then get dear daughter to pick us up from the station in Brighton.
Do i pre book train tickets now? of just get them at the station when we land.
I'm guessing it cheaper to book in advance but as with all flights you never know if there will land on time so difficult to book and actual train time, can we get an advance anytime single tickets ?

Were flying back into Gatwick is a couple of week and planning to get a train back to Brighton and then get dear daughter to pick us up from the station in Brighton.
I'm guessing it cheaper to book in advance but as with all flights you never know if there will land on time so difficult to book and actual train time, can we get an advance anytime single tickets ?

The hardest bit is trying to pick up from Brighton station! I suggest hove or pp station tbh! Just grab a ticket a gatwick!

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
You don't need to book a specific train from Gatwick to Brighton, you can get any train on that day. There probably isn't much price difference, but queues at Gatwick station can be long, so you will save time by booking in advance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If there is any option to already have a ticket in your mitten when you land at Gatwick take it. The ticket queues can be ridiculously long. In fact, some might say Gatwick rail station is not fit for purpose.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You flying back on Virgin?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
No advance fares from Gatwick to Brighton

Why is the railway network such a shambles .You have to queue for at least 20 minutes to buy a ticket at Gatwick. If they let people buy tickets in advance they'd deal with that problem. But oh no, that would be too easy

Poxy railways.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why is the railway network such a shambles .You have to queue for at least 20 minutes to buy a ticket at Gatwick. If they let people buy tickets in advance they'd deal with that problem. But oh no, that would be too easy

Poxy railways.

You can buy in advance. He means no discount for advance tickets

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Who are you flying with? Some airlines actually sell train tickets on board, I know EasyJet does.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why don't you ask your daughter to pick you up from Gatters?

Less hassle, more comfortable and it's only up the road...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

This is the answer! 30 mins up the road from Brighton and can take that long to drive into town from 5/6 miles out or more in rush hour.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Take the shorter one. It's easier to get in your bag.

caseO-l.jpg

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Because it so much grief for everyone, We always used to do this but you can't set down and wait like you used to, you have to park up and walk to terminal and wait.Ad its the North terminal which she is unfamiliar with, if its delayed etc etc, just as easy to jump on the Train, of if that too much stress can just jump in a cab.
We usually use the valet parking which was £80-90 (cheaper than a taxi each way) but due to works up there and limited space price has jumped to over £350 ! just to park a car.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Because it so much grief for everyone, We always used to do this but you can't set down and wait like you used to, you have to park up and walk to terminal and wait.Ad its the North terminal which she is unfamiliar with, if its delayed etc etc, just as easy to jump on the Train, of if that too much stress can just jump in a cab.
We usually use the valet parking which was £80-90 (cheaper than a taxi each way) but due to works up there and limited space price has jumped to over £350 ! just to park a car.

When I flew in to Gatwick for the QPR game, my mate waited at McDonalds nearby until I called him to say I was outside the car hire drop off place and he picked me up a few minutes later.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why not call or text her when you land and then there is no hanging around or need to park?

Otherwise, in answer to your original question, buy a ticket when you land and just jump on a train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here