May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm confused. What exactly are you complaining about? :shrug:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Saves me using Kodi then.
But my moan is that they should have put on free to air a certain amount of CL games featuring English clubs, but didn't.
I would be unhappy if I was paying money for the CL only to find out all can watch for free.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would assume that it is something that they have been encouraged to do to make sure that it is a free to air service like in previous years.

Pretty sure that I read somewhere that the ratings since moving to BT only have been abysmal. My assumption is based on the fact that the sponsors have a big say in a lot of things and they will have seen their exposure drop this season. With a free to air service those ratings could up and be a selling point for UEFA to use when pitching for future sponsorship.

It's much better to say xmillion watched via a number of devices/methods rather than 200,000 watched on BT and an unknown amount illegally over the net ... please can we have millions of pounds to show your logo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm quite liking the Fox Sports 1 coverage of the CL / Europa I can pick up via Kodi, with the unintentially hilarious US commentary.

"Turnover in midfield, now they spring the offside down the flank position!"

God, anythings gotta be better than Michael zzzzz Owen

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm quite liking the Fox Sports 1 coverage of the CL / Europa I can pick up via Kodi, with the unintentially hilarious US commentary.

It's even worse with the coverage we get on Sportsnet in Canada. They have commentary from Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury and Andy Townsend :ohmy:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's even worse with the coverage we get on Sportsnet in Canada. They have commentary from Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury and Andy Townsend :ohmy:

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Its weird actually, sometimes the American coverage I watch has commentary from Martin Tyler and Stuart Robson. I do genuinely prefer the US commentary though, it has a unique charm of its own.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Its weird actually, sometimes the American coverage I watch has commentary from Martin Tyler and Stuart Robson. I do genuinely prefer the US commentary though, it has a unique charm of its own.

I like the barrage of pretty useless stats US commentators pepper in.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I like the barrage of pretty useless stats US commentators pepper in.

They do LOVE their stats. I often watch baseball games and it's just CONTINUOUS numbers, initialisms, and made-up baseball phrases. They have this very odd unemotional "sports" way of talking too. There's very little time for general chat.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

I got this the other day for a match.
Anyone who has watched Soccer AM a few years back will recall they did a skit on this. It is awful but funny.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Champions League and Europa League Finals to be broadcast FREE on YouTube and the BT Sport Showcase channel

I am hoping to be pissed in some London pub, utterly unaware of the Champion's League Final, being as it follows the Play Off Final at Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here