Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Dean

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
With the introduction of VAR, will we still be able to hate ol Mike?

Presumably it will never be his fault

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He will still make it 'all about me'.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd hope he has a Robo-Mike in the studio making faulty self-flagellating VAR decisions, only overturning and making worse the idiotic things Homo-Mike does on the pitch.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What about if Mike Dean shows a yellow card then a VAR controller can determine if a VAR minion ( dressed as Gaston Ramirez ) runs onto the pitch and knocks it out of his hand ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What about if The Complete And Utter Shyster shows a yellow card then a VAR controller can determine if a VAR minion ( dressed as Gaston Ramirez ) runs onto the pitch and knocks it out of his hand ?

Would have to be a red though.

The Complete And Utter Shyster "achieved" his 100th Premier League red card last season. Wouldn't it have been a LOVELY moment if we could've had a VAR review chalk it off ? I might even start warming to it then.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Presumably he posses a "Mike Dean Override" card which allows him to trump the VAR system and impose his own?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm looking forward to how he gestures the replay. He won't just do a regular square like every other ref, will he?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In a recent interview for the press Mark Clattenberg said in his opinion Mike Dean is the 2nd best ref in the Premier behind Michael Oliver and rarely gets a decision wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm looking forward to how he gestures the replay. He won't just do a regular square like every other ref, will he?

PlaintiveColdChamois-size_restricted.gif

"Here comes the VAR"
"Here comes the VAR"
"Here comes the VAR"
"Here comes the VAR"
"Here comes the VAR"

....BITCH

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
In a recent interview for the press Mark Clattenberg said in his opinion Mike Dean is the 2nd best ref in the Premier behind Michael Oliver and rarely gets a decision wrong.

That's like one Village Idiot talking about another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here