Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martinez gone?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not surprised TBH. If he was still in charge I think their last home game would have been very toxic

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Jeez. 2 semi finals and a comfortable mid table season. What do those supporters want?
I often think this. OK, so Everton have never been out of the top flight, but they are not seriously one of the 'big teams'. They won the FA Cup in 1995, and the League in the mid-80s, but things have moved on since then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jeez. 2 semi finals and a comfortable mid table season. What do those supporters want?

Much like Charlton who thought Curbishley was under achieving and need replacing because 7th in the Premier League wasn't good enough.

That went well :rolleyes:

larus

I often think this. OK, so Everton have never been out of the top flight, but they are not seriously one of the 'big teams'. They won the FA Cup in 1995, and the League in the mid-80s, but things have moved on since then.

It's as bad as Arsenal fans. My ex GF - her brother and son were both gunners fans and moaned about the fact they hadn't won the league in x years. I said how many teams would love to be in their position; qualifying every year for the Champions League, great new stadium which has been financed without loading stupid debt onto the club, good football and a a manager who has made the club a huge profit on transfer dealings. Bloody mad isn't it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What we dont want is Martinez taking over at either Villa or Newcastle unless we get promoted. Swap jobs with Benitez would probably keep the fans of both sides happy.

Last edited:

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
It's as bad as Arsenal fans. My ex GF - her brother and son were both gunners fans and moaned about the fact they hadn't won the league in x years. I said how many teams would love to be in their position; qualifying every year for the Champions League, great new stadium which has been financed without loading stupid debt onto the club, good football and a a manager who has made the club a huge profit on transfer dealings. Bloody mad isn't it.

No. Fans don't generally care about debt, the stadium, profit in the transfer market. They want to win leagues and trophies. Everton have a terrific squad that should be doing better in the league. It's pretty simple.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not the right time to start a new thread on this but do you think CH could be tempted away by a Premier League club should we fail to go up through the playoffs?

I know he has had a couple of disappointments in the top league and he and TB obviously have a good relationship but....

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Not quite as bad as those tossy Arsenal fans who want Wenger out despite 16 consecutive years of Champions League football, and the possibility of a second place finish this season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Roberto Martinez on…Gareth Barry
* “I have never seen a player with such an incredible professionalism and standards as Gareth Barry. For me he is one of the best English players ever.”

Roberto Martinez on…Tom Cleverley
* “I think you do not have a better English player. Technically, he is as good as you get. The way he executes, how he reads the game, for me he is one of the most sensational you are going to see in Premier League history. I wouldn’t sell him for any money in the current market.”

Roberto Martinez on…John Stones
* “John Stones is in the right environment to fulfil his potential as one of the greatest players England has ever seen. He’s an out and out defender and then, for me, he’s the best footballing centre half in Europe, so he’s allowed to make his own decisions.”

Roberto Martinez on…accidental transfer requests
“With John Stones, it’s very easy because he’s a pristine professional. Obviously he’s been put under massive, massive pressure. The transfer request was something he didn’t mean to do.”

Roberto Martinez on…broken promises
* “I’ll get you into the Champions League” – The first words Martinez spoke to Bill Kenwright, according to the Everton chairman himself.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here