Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref for Monday Night

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Roger East.

Another PL ref...of course.

No comment this time as I mistakenly thought Dean would be a good appointment when announced. Instead turned into Challis Mark 2.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Best known for sending off Wes Brown instead of John O'Shea. #alllooksame

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Full officials:

Brighton & Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday
ROGER EAST
Assistants: Richard West and Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Jan 14 vs Brum
No mention of any refereeing decisions. Can't remember it myself . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25599263

Skip to May 14 . . .

Oscar Garcia was tonight left to fuming by referee Roger East's performance, and branding Derby County's 2-1 win a "totally unfair result".

The Seagulls supremo praised his side's display, as they dominated proceedings - but felt match official East failed to award what Brighton & Hove Albion's head coach considered two penalties.

Oscar said, "It was clear we should have had two penalties: one in the first half when Calderon was fouled in the area, and one in the second half when Leo's shirt was pulled.

"Both were penalties - so was their one, I have no complaints about that. I could speak to the referee about the two decisions, but it won’t change anything. He made the decisions, it's not for me to judge him, he has a boss who will do that."

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...wo-penalties-1543403.aspx#lRlCEyqxgPRhPbzu.99

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe we can sing Happy Birthday, give him a cake and a card and put him in a good mood

Or absolutely ramp up the noise levels to deafening? All sing the same song at the same time? Worked for Boro. #IntimidateTheRef

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kevin Friend is NOBODIES friend

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So this is the ref that thought a Derby player parrying a goal bound shot, two handed, in the penalty area, was not an infringement, Great.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
That's right start crucifying the ref before he gets here. How many of the idiots that constantly slang refs off have actually reffed a game or even read the law book on the rules of the game.I would add that as an ex ref all be it lower levels I thought Mike Deen had a stinker against Boro, but no way would I call him a cheat,just made mistakes. Through a lot of the match Brighton players passes were going astray, where they cheating or making mistakes?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's right start crucifying the ref before he gets here. How many of the idiots that constantly slang refs off have actually reffed a game or even read the law book on the rules of the game.I would add that as an ex ref all be it lower levels I thought Mike Deen had a stinker against Boro, but no way would I call him a cheat,just made mistakes. Through a lot of the match Brighton players passes were going astray, where they cheating or making mistakes?

Nobody has called the ref a cheat. Ramirez on the other hand.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Full officials:

Brighton & Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday
ROGER EAST
Assistants: Richard West and Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend

Did they pick these fellas just based on the names? One for each main stand, a friend (that's always nice) and someone who is smart, which is already a big head start over last Saturday.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

It's an almost impossible job. What annoyed me most about Dean though was that it was SUCH an important game for both sides that if he wasn't 100% sure it was a sending off which he clearly wasn't then he HAS to err on the side of caution. It's simply too important a decision to guess and it's cost us too much.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here