Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Great Escape 2016

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Its that time again when many of us will be walking the streets of our great city in search of our new favourite band.

So who are your top tips & recommendations for this years TGE?

For me the stands outs so far are Ben Caplan, Blossoms, As Lions & Teleman

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely no idea. Bought my ticket as I always go. Nothing really leaping out except for Blossoms because a mate of mine keeps banging on about them as if they are the second coming.

Looking forward to three days of wandering around and discovering some new music.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not going to the festival, but I saw Spring King who are playing at the festival in the hope and ruin a few months ago and they were really good, they just seemed so pleased that people had actually gone to see them, their bassist was wearing a Burnley shirt though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm going, been listening to the Spotify playlist and it seems to be either a. UK grime or b. female scandinavian folk singers.

Not heard of that many from the lineup, but might try and get to Anna Meredith (female electro) and Mothers (indie folk) if circumstances allow. Otherwise I will just be bumbling about.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Not going to the festival, but I saw Spring King who are playing at the festival in the hope and ruin a few months ago and they were really good, they just seemed so pleased that people had actually gone to see them, their bassist was wearing a Burnley shirt though.

Spring King have come up on my recommendations so will check them out

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here