Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Smart TV/Sky day pass advice please

Bear with me, having spent the last 12 years or so in in the arse end of nowhere in darkest rural Spain I'm not up to date with Smart TV technology!

Rather than watching a dodgy stream or going all the way to Sheffield I want to get a day pass from Sky to watch the game on Friday.

If I simply go to the NOW TV website and buy one will my new smart TV automatically recognise this or do I have to register with anyone else?

Apart from live TV, the only other bit of the TV I have used so far is iplayer, so any advice on what other options that appear along the bottom of my screen are worth using and what they provide would also be much appreciated.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If your TV has the now TV app then you will need to register for a now TV account on your PC and purchase the sky day pass, then login to Now TV on the TV and it should work fine.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you can get the internet on your TV, then just treat it like a big PC screen!

Also don't forget, if you are not going to the Amex on Monday, then buy a weekly pass for £10.99 to cover both games. Day Pass is £6.99 (24 hours)

Tinx is correct, via a TV app would be the preferable route!

If your TV has the now TV app then you will need to register for a now TV account on your PC and purchase the sky day pass, then login to Now TV on the TV and it should work fine.

Thanks - that sounds simple enough, even for me!

And thanks for the suggestion of a week pass cg, I didn't realise that was available. No use to me this time as I will be at the Amex but will certainly use it in the future.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just found this on the NOW TV website:

Watch on your NOW TV Box, PS3™, PS4™, Xbox One, Xbox®360 and compatible Roku, Chromecast, LG Smart TV, PC, Mac, Smartphone, Tablet and more.

So, if your TV is LG you are in luck!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Provided your TV has a NowTV app on it.... then register with NowTV on a computer (because who can type using a remote control?!) and then log in using the same details on the TV.

Both your PC and TV should now be linked to the same account (you can have up to 4 devices and watch 2 simultaneously).

Whatever you purchase on one, will now be visible on all of them.

If, like me, you have a Samsung TV with no NowTV app (FFS Samsung!)... you have two choices.

1. Run an HDMI lead from a laptop (accessing the NowTV website) to the TV, extend/duplicate the laptop screen and it will appear on tv.

2. Go to Currys and splurge £25 on a NowTV box (with either 3months Entertainment - about a dozen Sky channels, all the Box Sets and all the main catch up services; or 2 months Movies - same as having a Sky Movies subscription) or £35 with a Sports Pass. Plug it in for power and plug the HDMI into the telly, register the box with your account details... voila!

I have 3 boxes (Lounge and one each in the kids' rooms ... cheaper than Sky Multiroom!) and the fourth registered device is a laptop that we use to mirrorcast to the TV at work and have BBC News (or on a quite day... Movies!)

EDIT... Or google "KODI" and learn that you can have *lots* of channels and sport at little/no cost using exactly the same technology as NowTV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here