Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Using the Tram in Sheffield

It's new for me.

Staying at the Hilton Hampton which is actually an old police station. 2 mins from Sheffield cathedral tram stop which I think goes to the ground.

Do I buy a ticket in advance or just jump on
Will I have to wait for ages after and if so are cabs easy to come by
How long will the journey take
Will there be toilets and a snack trolley on board

theboybilly

It's new for me.

Staying at the Hilton Hampton which is actually an old police station. 2 mins from Sheffield cathedral tram stop which I think goes to the ground.

Do I buy a ticket in advance or just jump on
Will I have to wait for ages after and if so are cabs easy to come by
How long will the journey take
Will there be toilets and a snack trolley on board

You can buy a ticket on board as there is a Conductor. The Leppings Lane stop is a 5-minute walk from the away end and providing you get away quick at the final whistle you shouldn't have to wait too long but the trams get packed (there are stewards at the tramstop organising things) I would rather use the tram than any other public transport to be honest.
No toilets or trolley-dollies :tantrum:

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
You buy a ticket when you get on, which from Cathedral to Leppings Lane will be around £2 or so, like someone says the realistic option is to buy a day saver for £4. This way you can ride every tram and bus around Sheffield as many times as you like to your hearts content for the mere sum of £4.

Trams are every 10 minutes or so so you won't be waiting long and you'll be wanting to get the Yellow tram thats going towards Middlewood. Don't get any tram that says Meadowhall, Halfway or Herdings Park as these are all going the opposite way to Hillsborough and you're more likely to be stood outside Bramall Stain instead.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I went FREE in November, I told the Conductor my FACE is my TICKET

Tickets still get punched over there?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Anyone who has an ancient persons travel card like me can use this on the Sheffield Trams for free. Just show it to the conductor. Makes it easier leaving as well as they will not let you on at the fenced off departure stop unless you already have a valid ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here