Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Nicola Thorp

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Madness, as I assume that as a receptionist her feet would be under a desk and not visible to visitors anyway,

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
These two were sent home for wearing high heels no justice!
6C8379309-pb-130724-high-heels-ps3.jpg

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Madness, as I assume that as a receptionist her feet would be under a desk and not visible to visitors anyway,

The BBC article I read earlier included the quote from Ms Thorp saying she had a long day walking guests to and from meeting rooms all day ahead of her and so chose her footwear to suit. Which is fine, surely.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I work in a kitchen and we are required to wear safety shoes as part of our uniform, this is for safety reasons and very few people I work with have a problem with wearing them.
I can see no real reason why women should be forced to wear high heels, especially in a job where they will be on their feet all day. High heels are not worn for safety, they are worn to look good.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I like Nicola Thorp is sweetly pretty and should be allowed to wear as little or as much as she likes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The BBC article I read earlier included the quote from Ms Thorp saying she had a long day walking guests to and from meeting rooms all day ahead of her and so chose her footwear to suit. Which is fine, surely.

Hadn't read that, but makes perfect sense to wear flat shoes in such circumstances

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't agree at all, if they want her to wear high heels, then she should wear high heels, simple.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have just realised that I am a cynical git. My first thoughts when I read this line 'Thorp hopes her petition will attract 100,000 signatures' was no, she hopes to get herself some publicity

If true, then it is ridiculous and should not be allowed in the workplace, it's insane. But, I might add, no more insane than many work places making men wear full suits, ties etc. but women being allowed to wear practically anything

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Christ, I heard a report on this earlier but they didn't name the company. I thought it was probably some shite arse property company. PWC should be ashamed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She looked very media savvy on the news earlier and sweetly pretty too.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Don't really get her problem!
She signed a dress code agreement upon getting the job. Prob just signed it without reading it properly and now playing the hard done by employee?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Christ, I heard a report on this earlier but they didn't name the company. I thought it was probably some shite arse property company. PWC should be ashamed.

Haven't PWC come out and said they don't have this rule, and it's the supplying subcontractor for the front of house positions, which does..?

el punal

Nicola Thorpe was sent home as for refusing to not wearing high heels at work.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/work/temp-worker-sent-home-from-pwc-job-for-not-wearing-high-heels/
Please sign this petition if you agree with her.

Thank you.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/129823

Hmmm. Perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye. I suspect there may be other issues not revealed, but hey-ho, I'm an actress who is "resting" so any publicity is good publicity dahling!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here