Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a draw on Friday night at Hillsborough?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I reckon we have to go for the jugular. Beat them in their own back yard and lay down a marker to the other play-off teams.
Plus we'd make Albion history and this squad loves doing that.

But then again, a draw would still hand us the initiative without having to risk much at all.

It's tough. Yay or nay?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I reckon we have to go for the jugular. Beat them in their own back yard and lay down a marker to the other play-off teams.

Plus we'd make Albion history and this squad loves doing that.

Failing that, yes.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
When was there ever an away goal rule in the playoffs as don't recall it?
No pissing around with poxy draws as we've just drawn two and they were costly,so a win must be the aim :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Historically, a lot of first legs end in draws. I'd take a draw for sure.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd probably take a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat right now.

So much for positivity and we're playing sheff w not Derby or Middlesbrough remember...no way at the Amex will we turn around a deficit as it just doesn't happen often and you know what we're like in big big games :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No. The 0-0 at Selhurst Park didn't do us any favours.

I doubt our manager is going to unsettle the team in the second leg this time by telling players he probably won't be here next season though. Poyet showed no emotion at all in the second leg which was completely out of character. I was watching him throughout the game from the WSL

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're away, missing Dunk - sure, a draw would do.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Yep Id take a draw; they've had 2 home defeats all season. Although a 'smash n grab' Carpenter at Swindon style wouldn't go amiss

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So much for positivity and we're playing sheff w not Derby or Middlesbrough remember...no way at the Amex will we turn around a deficit as it just doesn't happen often and you know what we're like in big big games :)

In my view, bringing them back to a packed Amex under the lights with a goal to find is perfectly within our capabilities.

I guess I want us to kick-off on Monday with a good chance of progressing and a small 1 goal deficit gives us that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In my view, bringing them back to a packed Amex under the lights with a goal to find is perfectly within our capabilities.

I guess I want us to kick-off on Monday with a good chance of progressing and a small 1 goal deficit gives us that.
Packed or not coming from behind in the playoffs will be very very difficult and will add even more pressure on to us.
Must get the win or at worst the draw :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Packed or not coming from behind in the playoffs will be very very difficult and will add even more pressure on to us.
Must get the win or at worst the draw :)

Look, I'm not saying I want us to start the second leg behind, the question was whether we'd take a draw. I would. And even a 1 goal deficit.

My ideal scenario is a 14-0 victory. at Hillsborough. I'm not holding me breath on that one though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't think this team would start any game looking for a draw or with a view that a draw would be good enough.
Too many attacking minded players for that.
It will be interesting to see who starts though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd TAKE a draw now if offered - that turns this into a 1 leg tie with home advantage.

I THINK we have a reasonable chance of better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here