Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking In Sheffield

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Hi All,

I am a season ticket holder that rarely goes to away games. On this occasion I have dipped my toe in the away water! I wondered if any of you seasoned away fans have any tips or best places to park in Sheffield?

Much appreciated!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Park somewhere central (there's a couple of multi-storeys from what I remember - circa £8) then get the tram (yellow line - £3 for day pass) to leppings lane. Couple minutes walk from there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're driving up the M1, park for free at Meadowhall and get the tram in. It's about 40 mins via tram.

That's going to take you a fair while to even start heading home after the game!

For the league game earlier this season we parked in a car park on Penistone Road, which runs alongside the opposite end of the ground to the away end. It was cheap and convenient but did take a fair while to get out again after.

theboybilly

If you're driving up the M1, park for free at Meadowhall and get the tram in. It's about 40 mins via tram.

This all day long as you will beat most traffic to the M1. The tram stop is about 150 yards from the Away (Leppings Lane) end and if you leave on the final whistle you should get on one of the first trams that come along easily enough though obviously they do get packed.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
That's going to take you a fair while to even start heading home after the game!

For the league game earlier this season we parked in a car park on Penistone Road, which runs alongside the opposite end of the ground to the away end. It was cheap and convenient but did take a fair while to get out again after.
Is that the car park near the bowl? we parked in a car/coach park up there on left, next to a bakery I think. Was a nightmare to get out as Police were letting the traffic on the main road clear first. Another time we parked up in a housing estate at the same end. No problems and out pretty quick if you know the way.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
I will ask the question on Thursday as I am at our Sheffield office and there are a few wendies there.
Junct 33 and The Sheffield Parkway does get very busy and the slightest accident the place is gridlocked.
Junct 35,Prince of wales roundabout off M1 then follow signs to the left, takes you slightly away then drops down at opposite end to away end.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Park somewhere central (there's a couple of multi-storeys from what I remember - circa £8) then get the tram (yellow line - £3 for day pass) to leppings lane. Couple minutes walk from there.

With all due respect to the above posters the trams are horrendous and dangerously overcrowded, whereas I've always been able to park easily within five to ten minutes walk of the ground.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With all due respect to the above posters the trams are horrendous and dangerously overcrowded, whereas I've always been able to park easily within five to ten minutes walk of the ground.

My experience of the trams, having used them several times, is that they're about as busy as buses or trains. Not horrendous or overcrowded. I've been to midweek games and Saturday kickoffs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My experience of the trams, having used them several times, is that they're about as busy as buses or trains. Not horrendous or overcrowded. I've been to midweek games and Saturday kickoffs.

Fair enough, just had a horrible experience of been pushed onto one Japanese metro stylee, though it was many years ago.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
I'm in Sheffield now after having to work here for two days. Park near the new Sheffield College ( not to be confused with the universities) as you come in from J33 of the M1. There is a tram stop just over the road from there near the McDonalds. This is near, but just above the railway station.

Several Blades fans have wished Brighton the best of luck as they obviously want to see Wednesday beaten. They are also rather glad to have seen the back of Nigel Adkins.

On another note, anyone got a spare ticket as sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here