Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Tony Cozier

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Voice of West Indies cricket on the BBC.

M_Id_401738_Tony_Cozier.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Oh dear a very sad passing... RIP.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Voice of West Indies Cricket in The West Indies.

I always remember him commentating on Sky with Bob Willis in 1994 when Lara broke Sobers record.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Tony Cozier was outstanding. This is sad news. It always felt strange seeing him talk live. The look of a home counties solicitor with a broad Barbadian accent.

Upon my demise I look forward to TMS heaven with so many having gone now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tony Cozier was outstanding. This is sad news. It always felt strange seeing him talk live. The look of a home counties solicitor with a broad Barbadian accent.

I'd been listening to his commentaries for years before I realised he was white :dunce:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Upon my demise I look forward to TMS heaven with so many having gone now.

Very much agree, grew up listening to him on TMS and was completely amazed to find out many years later he was a white Barbadian!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I met him a couple of times and he was the most charming man and so passionate about cricket in general and West Indies cricket in particular.

West Indian cricket board treated him horribly the last few years over his criticism of their incompetence!

The world of radio is a sadder quieter place. I bet him and Richie can swap some stories!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I met him a couple of times and he was the most charming man and so passionate about cricket in general and West Indies cricket in particular.

West Indian cricket board treated him horribly the last few years over his criticism of their incompetence!

The world of radio is a sadder quieter place. I bet him and Richie can swap some stories!

It was considered blasphemous to dare raise your voice in criticism. It's a shame about their demise. I hope the one-day success leads to a greater showing in the proper arena.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The TV and radio commentators I grew up with are nearly all gone now: Arlott, Benaud, Johnson, CMJ, McGillivary (sp?), Mosey, Trueman, Bailey, Laker and, in the last month or so, Bannister and Cozier - there's just Blowers left. .. Eheu fugaces labuntur anni

RIP Tony, you were a great commenator. And you're right, Dave, he was treated shamefully for being an honest critic

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Absolutely top man. Almost statesman-like in the way he championed (and sometimes had to defend) West Indian cricket. He was a very good counter-balance to the white, public school twit element of the TMS commentary box. Immense contribution to the sport.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Tony, a great broadcaster, the voice of West Indian cricket for decades.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here