Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why promotion is bad for Albion

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Can you remember Pig Pen from the Snoopy cartoons? He was always down on his luck, self-deprecating and frankly a terminal victim of society. And can you remember that dust cloud which followed him around? That's how I feel, except it's a storm cloud, tracking me everywhere I go. Every now and then Mike Dean pokes his head from the cloud and pulls a comedy face. He's mocking me.

Anyhow, to lighten the tone, I thought I'd consult fellow NSC chums on why they thought promotion would be BAD for the Albion. Flippant, insightful or stupid answers all welcome.

I'll start the stay-in-the-Championship ball rolling by saying:

I'd be gutted to miss Albion v Burton next season.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Calde is even less likely to get another playing contract with us if we get promotion than if we stay down. Bruno too.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
Lots of melts turning up for home games from other clubs. Last thing we need is thousands of desmonds in town when it should be for home lads only. They never buy mutch at the farmers market either so no point me making extra jam ???

Regards

DR

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Our sole ambition at the start of next season will be the fabled 40 points. No hope of achieving anything other than staying up

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Our sole ambition at the start of next season will be the fabled 40 points. No hope of achieving anything other than staying up

This - dull, conservative football and likely regular batterings despite that, then fans drifting away because we're not winning.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Whilst our lads are extremely well paid, the disparity and detachment between players and fans will be 5 fold in the premier. Away matches (at places like Chelsea and Arsenal) will be the preserve of the richest rather than the most passionate and we'll be treated to 24 hour coverage from the puke inducing fawning sycophants of Sky TV.

In short the premier league (division 1) will be shit.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We are lil' ol' Brighton and we should know our place - we are NOT worthy of the giddy-heights and elitism that is the Premier League - best stay where we belong and are made more welcome ....

PL = plastic league / supporters anyway, nah, best not go up.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We are lil' ol' Brighton and we should know our place - we are NOT worthy of the giddy-heights and elitism that is the Premier League - best stay where we belong and are made more welcome ....

PL = plastic league / supporters anyway, nah, best not go up.

i have been thinking this myself.....we will need to hold on to our current squad but need a proven goal scorer or two ....the one that would have had us promoted by now basically , if and when we get to the prem we only have 4 or 5 players who will cut it so will be straight back down , albeit with the parachute payment....teams to watch out for next year will be the three coming down + the usual suspects and i am still spewing at the manner the boro game was decided and the fact we were level on points with the top two but didn't get autos because of -2 gd.....very , very hard to take , all things considered.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
No crying for a policeman when rogue elements of Spurs,Arsenal,Liverpool ,Man Utd and City Sussex based plastics celebrate in the home ends.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'll miss my annual trips to Cardiff City and Bristol City, the only 'local' Away games for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here