Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradford Fire Anniversary

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Wasn't their first competitive game after the disaster at The Goldstone?

Or have I imagined that?

It was our second home game of the following season. I remember that some fans walked a bedsheet around the outside of the pitch before the match for a collection.

That fire was truly appalling and another reminder of how crap grounds were then and how badly fans were treated in those days.

Edit: To actually answer your question, no it was their third match of the season.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Wasn't their first competitive game after the disaster at The Goldstone?

Or have I imagined that?

I think we played the away game that season at Odsal Rugby League ground.

Bradford was overshadowed by other events at the time but it was as big as tragedy as others and another that could have been prevented.

I hope Bradford win the Play Offs to go up.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've never really understood why this isn't a more significant date in the football calendar, a horrible tragedy. The pictures, and commentary, are horrible. :down:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It was our second home game of the following season. I remember that some fans walked a bedsheet around the outside of the pitch before the match for a collection.

That fire was truly appalling and another reminder of how crap grounds were then and how badly fans were treated in those days.

Edit: To actually answer your question, no it was their third match of the season.

I recall some of the survivors being invited to the game and going on the pitch at the Goldstone either before the game or at half time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've never really understood why this isn't a more significant date in the football calendar, a horrible tragedy. The pictures, and commentary, are horrible. :down:

When you do steward training you are shown footage not available publicly. Made me sick to the pit of my stomach. RIP to those poor souls and may it never happen again.

I recall some of the survivors being invited to the game and going on the pitch at the Goldstone either before the game or at half time.

That'll be it, I remember that happening so assumed it was their first game back.

I also remember a bloke shouting something about having a BBQ for them and swiftly getting punched in the face.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here