Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeling Strangely Calm

el punal

So the match of the century is now well and truly over. All the angst, the pressure, the anticipation, the sleepness nights, the game itself, the furore, the recriminations, the despair and the disappointment are slowly fading away.

To be replaced by . . . . a play-off semi-final, and possibly, the final itself. In normal circumstances we would be rubbing our hands with glee at the prospect. But to me this feels like a consolation 3rd place match in a World Cup tournament. Close . . but no cigar.

I have now bought tickets for the match on Monday night, but this strange feeling of detachment remains. But perhaps this is a good thing. My nerves are not frazzled, as they were before the Boro game, I'm feeling calm and somewhat philosophical about whatever the outcome will be. I think once we know the result of the first leg game on Friday then the adrenaline will kick in - I hope it does.

I sincerely hope the team are successful, because the boys have produced one of the most astonishing seasons in Albion's history and deserve to be rewarded. That's not too much to ask for, is it? :albion2:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just posted this on the I admit it thread:
We had no devine right to win on Saturday. It's almost as though we were winning and Dean gave 2 penalties against us for nothing. Yes I know we were hard done by, but I didn't think we would most likely go there and win. I was down after the Derby game because that's when I realised we were most likely heading for the playoffs. Why were a lot of fans all pinning hopes of winning away at Boro? This attitude is like a sulking child now. Man up or woman up or whatever, and support the Albion louder than ever before. It's not over, we are the best equipped team to win these playoffs so let's get our chins up rather than sulking. The players need us now in these next matches more than ever!
#doitfordale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here