Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA lack of respect for fans

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Let's give the benefit of the doubt to the FA and assume that they have a valid reason for backing Mike Dean's ridiculous decision (valid based on the laws of the game and not a self-serving desire to limit the controversy). In that case, why not make the referee's report public and provide an explanation of the thinking behind the appeal result? This could only increase everyone's understanding of how the laws are to be interpreted. The lack of transparency in this whole process shows utter contempt for all supporters.

Or perhaps they just interpret the laws to suit their agenda at the time. I wonder.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The same FA who were part of the Hillsborough deceits and lies? Did you really expect any respect or openness?

They don't care about fans. It's just a gravy train.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Let's give the benefit of the doubt to the FA and assume that they have a valid reason for backing Mike Dean's ridiculous decision (valid based on the laws of the game and not a self-serving desire to limit the controversy). In that case, why not make the referee's report public and provide an explanation of the thinking behind the appeal result? This could only increase everyone's understanding of how the laws are to be interpreted. The lack of transparency in this whole process shows utter contempt for all supporters.

Or perhaps they just interpret the laws to suit their agenda at the time. I wonder.

If it was released it will be heavily redacted. Far better would be for the refs to face questioning by the press to give an insight into their decision making.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If it was released it will be heavily redacted. Far better would be for the refs to face questioning by the press to give an insight into their decision making.

Possibly, but then you're still relying on the right questions being asked. I have found the national newspapers' lack of interest in such a pivotal decision very surprising and a pretty good indication that, beyond the Premier League, a lot of our supposedly 'top' reporters don't have much interest or insight into what's going on. As they prove quite often on that Sunday morning show on Sky.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I assume the club have to provide a report and evidence on why they think the card should be rescinded.
I would hope the club would receive a response back which would answer why the evidence was not sufficient, or what other evidence was used to override the appeal.
It should then be up to the club to state why their submission was unsuccessful.

I have no idea if this is what actually happens. I suspect it isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here