neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Nope!

p18308ktcb1pqf1jndmvd18c5h7k4.jpg

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Considering his 2 reds this season for getting the shit kicked out of him I presume that if he does dive he'll be fine and if he gets his legs snapped in half it will be his fault.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Certainly a player who likes to cheat. I agree with OP. ref needs to be strong here

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Class Championship player. Probably gets genuinely fouled loads. But he's an obnoxious cheat with it.

When he got sent off in that Hull game, he'd have had a fair bit more sympathy if it wasn't for that despicable dive he did against Wolves a couple of seasons back to get Bakery Sako sent off. As it was, people just laughed when he & the Wednesday manager tried to claim he was hard done by.

(Apropos of nothing, Sako appealed against his red card. He succeeded :angry: )

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Considering his 2 reds this season for getting the shit kicked out of him I presume that if he does dive he'll be fine and if he gets his legs snapped in half it will be his fault.

Well, the second yellow in the first of those two incidents was for deliberate handball, which even an Owl would have to admit is pretty bloody stupid if you've already been booked for diving :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, the second yellow in the first of those two incidents was for deliberate handball, which even an Owl would have to admit is pretty bloody stupid if you've already been booked for diving :)
So you're saying that 'getting the shit kicked out of him' was actually him touching the ball with his hand/arm? Unusual.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I'm not denying he dived there but he honestly doesn't dive more than most players. Weak argument maybe and I'm sure you won't care but it's true. If you actually assessed his yellow cards and red cards most of them are unjustified or soft. The referee's have definitely got it in for him, he's a marked man and therefore gets automatically booked when other players without a reputation don't. Players like to kick the crap out of him every game, he's a player that's always anticipating the touch and gets no protection at all. From an oppositions point of view it's great, and i'd do the same, just kick him because you'll end up getting him sent off.

That against Wolves is an embarrassment and given him a reputation now which is his own fault but it's got way out of hand. Now other fans of clubs like yourselves automatically think 'diver', he doesn't get chance to clear his name. The amount of times he gets booked and other players who go down don't is unbelievable, even within our own team other players could get away with things that he can't.

He's a fantastic player and probably double the player he was at Watford, stop him and you go a long way to stopping us scoring. Thankfully, no one has really stopped him from performing this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not denying he dived there but he honestly doesn't dive more than most players.
The problem is, that wasn't just a dive. Very few players do something as bad as that.

From an oppositions point of view it's great, and i'd do the same, just kick him because you'll end up getting him sent off.
Thanks for the advice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Knockaert doesn't dive. LuaLua on the other hand.
I haven't seen Knockaert dive for us, but he dived at least once for Leicester a couple of years ago. But that is nothing like what Forestieri did.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
With all due respect, I can't remember Knocky getting sent off for diving

I can't remember FF getting sent off for diving because he didn't actually dive when he got sent off against Hull... it's made up. He really doesn't do worse than a lot of other players.

It's like Stephens getting his red and everyone now thinking of him as a brutal player that slashes peoples legs open. ???

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I can't remember FF getting sent off for diving because he didn't actually dive when he got sent off against Hull... it's made up. He really doesn't do worse than a lot of other players.

It's like Stephens getting his red and everyone now thinking of him as a brutal player that slashes peoples legs open. ???

The thing is Stephens didn't intentionally do it...in the clip earlier Forestieri did!

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Anyway I knew I wouldn't change your minds, I'm sticking up for him as I see it. You'd think the same if he was your player. :p

If he does do a blatant dive in the play-offs then I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong about him but mostly it's people presuming he dives so much that if he does get fouled they're convinced it's a dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here