Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chaillis Moreton Dean

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Have we ever seen any ref worse than this trio. Im sure that Dean will still be talkedvabout in 2050 but maybe that's what he wants.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Add Pawson to the list after the Barton stamp on Kayal

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You missed Phil Prosser - the bloke who wrongly accused Brighton fans of racism after the most inept reffing performance I've ever seen, if I recall correctly?

That's a bit harsh. Not the wrongful accusations of racism - they were completely out of order and a disgrace - but the reffing performance. I remember us going mad at the time but when seen on TV and the replays, he got the decisions right (and could have sent off FDM but didn't).

Challis and Dean's decisions were disgraceful (can't comment on Morton's as I didn't see them) and are of a whole different order

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I haven't watched it back since, Gwylan, so am prepared to defer to your later view - I've only got what it looked like at the time in the stadium to go on, and as you said, the crowd was going nuts at him that day.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I haven't watched it back since, Gwylan, so am prepared to defer to your later view - I've only got what it looked like at the time in the stadium to go on, and as you said, the crowd was going nuts at him that day.

I was doing my nut as well. :) It wasn't a great reffing performance, a bit too much of the 'look at me' about it. And his racism accusations were disgraceful but, as I said, his major decisions were actually right.

I also remember that the much derided Warnock stuck up for Brighton fans that day and said that the accusations of racism were untrue

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought that this was a thread about a firm of solicitors

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Hoops knocks spots off them. The others were poor decisions but open to interpretation.

Hoops is just a "look at me" ref who just gets decisions plain wrong driven by his attention seeking twattiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Im not very good at typing on my mobile when on a tube train. I must do better

Sorry. Wasn't trying to be a ****. Didn't immediately realise what it meant that's all.

For what it's worth, I was at the Kelvin Morton game, and while we were apoplectic with rage at him during the match, watching it back all FOUR Palace penalties were understandable. One or two fairly soft, but no howlers. You would think common sense would kick in at some point though!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Both Hooper and Dean are massive bell-ends, whose officiating is always tainted by pomposity and and a desire to make it all about them. Pawson isn't so much that - he's simply a very, very poor referee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here