Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It will be what it will be.

Maybe people who spent £100+ each going to Middlesbrough and are looking at £30 + spends on Monday may just be hoping they need to keep a little cash back in case fortune favours us getting an expensive trip to Wembley as well ?

It's only the 1st leg on Friday, I can see the temptation to watch it on the TV.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would look at it as a commentary on the fact that Wednesday are, largely, a boring team to watch. We had two miserable matches with them this season, and the prospect of playing them twice in a few days isn't overly encouraging. As already pointed out, we played Middlesbrough last week in a ridiculously timed kick off so a lot of people will have had to stay overnight, this game is a friday night rather than a saturday, etc etc.

If we don't sell more than a thousand, it won't be because we're not well supported.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How can you even go on there? I tried it for five minutes and I could actually feel myself getting less intelligent.

Apparently Dale Stephens is our best player and it was a definite red - and the suspension should be extended.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I would look at it as a commentary on the fact that Wednesday are, largely, a boring team to watch. We had two miserable matches with them this season, and the prospect of playing them twice in a few days isn't overly encouraging. As already pointed out, we played Middlesbrough last week in a ridiculously timed kick off so a lot of people will have had to stay overnight, this game is a friday night rather than a saturday, etc etc.

If we don't sell more than a thousand, it won't be because we're not well supported.

I don't think that's fair at all. I'd say we're probably one of the more exciting teams in the league to watch this season, we've played some excellent football and many teams would back that up. We just like to be quite different tactically when coming up against the better teams, it's strange to some teams that sometimes we completely change our style of play to suit the opposition but it's got us where we need to be.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How can you even go on there? I tried it for five minutes and I could actually feel myself getting less intelligent.

Apparently Dale Stephens is our best player and it was a definite red - and the suspension should be extended.

Did you ever watch Educating Yorkshire? - There lies your answer.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I don't think that's fair at all. I'd say we're probably one of the more exciting teams in the league to watch this season, we've played some excellent football and many teams would back that up. We just like to be quite different tactically when coming up against the better teams, it's strange to some teams that sometimes we completely change our style of play to suit the opposition but it's got us where we need to be.

Without, as you said earlier, winning a game against the teams that finished above you.

PG

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Putting this in a better thread:

This thread on owlstalk has made me chuckle:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/239569-1500-tickets

Apparently we're only taking 500 fans there, we started a "pseudo rivalry" with them, and are cross about their silly Sid James emoji.

Silly me - I thought it was that they laugh at us and we laugh at them. I also find it faintly amusing that they're wetting themselves with excitement over Friday whereas this thread shows some of us are actually quite indifferent. It's truly their cup final isn't it?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

It's a proper shite forum inhabited by a large amount of nobs. Only topped by Waccoe

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well not against the top sides though has it Carlos. Was it you who mentioned that record.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

My god the serfs have discovered literacy! It won't be long before they come to London and beyond threaten the landed gentry!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That surely can't be right can it?

You need to re-read the Owls thread and then amend your thread title, from their thread:

We are getting 1500 tickets for the leppings lane lower.
Brighton strugling to sell even 500 hundred tickets.

That's not 500 tickets but 50,000 tickets.

I know Wednesday are a massive club but when did they last take 50,000 to an away game.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not sure if I'm right in saying, but...

We have sold at least blocks WU3, WU4 and WU5 (I didn't see options WU1+2 at any stage)

Tickets available in WU6 but in row 25 so only just over 10 rows of this block left too?

If you look at the stadium plan surely that only leaves WU7 left which doesn't look all that big...

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
The point was more that we definitely aren't one of the most boring teams to watch... and our fans ARE aware that we haven't beaten any of the top 6, of course we are. For me anyway, it adds that 'nothing to lose' feeling to the tie... you guys finished so far ahead and have the most pressure on you.

In terms of not beating anyone in the top 6, no one in the play offs has beaten us. 6 draws out of 6. I'm pretty sure that ultimately it has no bearing on any of the results that will happen in the play offs and it will just be down to who copes best on the day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here