Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOW is time to get excited about the play-offs this time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does anyone else feel like this?

It's not that we've been there twice recently, it's not that I don't think we have a fighting chance, it's just that I STILL feel numb after Saturday. I just can't get excited by these fixtures. Anyone else feeling like this, or is it just me?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just need a draw on Friday to steady the ship, and then we can go again hard for promotion on Monday and hopefully beyond.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Plus of course, it is weighing heavily on me that the WHOLE footballing community now thinks we're a bunch of bitter cry babies. I didn't realise this until that absolute nob from Burnley told us all on the other thread, but now I just feel it would be only right if we didn't bother turning up at all.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It's not that we've been there twice recently, it's not that I don't think we have a fighting chance, it's just that I STILL feel numb after Saturday. I just can't get excited by these fixtures. Anyone else feeling like this, or is it just me?
No it's not just you...but time Friday nights match starts it will probably change..it could today if the right and just decision is made

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Man up.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I feel the same, but my reason is that we did well to make the play off's on the previous two occasions and we we didn't progress because as we didn't deserve to on our play. But this time, I feel cheated by two referee's, Pawson and Dean who allowed two clubs to progress at our expense through rank bad decision making.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

2-0 up at Wembley with a minute to go in glorious sunshine, you'll cum in your pants from excitement!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2-0 up at Wembley with a minute to go in glorious sunshine, you'll cum in your pants from excitement!

To be honest, I'd rather just bounce up and down uncontrollably whilst singing, then head to the nearest pub with an assortment of Albion chums, but I think I get your point.

If I did what you said, I'd only get told off by the wife: "you NEVER do that when I'm around" or something.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm with you. I wonder if we all got together and hugged it out, we could all move on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I hope the team doesn't feel the same way as you.

:(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope the team doesn't feel the same way as you.

:(
Me too, mate. Me too.

I'm with you. I wonder if we all got together and hugged it out, we could all move on.

I'd cuddle you if I could Boz. I think the only thing that could possibly make me feel better is for 50 or so Burnley and Middlesbrough fans to come on here to smugly commiserate before launching into the reasons why we are all wrong to be so bitter, then wonder why we don't like their tone. That would really help no end.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
FFS. We are all PUSSIES.

Mind you, this thread is lifting my mood.

I know it's not strictly in the rules, being a Tuesday, but would a photograph of a small dog wearing some sort of comedy clothing help?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I feel that way. I had to explain to a group of 6 to 9 year olds at training on Sunday morning that shin pads are important, the ref is always right and that hard work and effort gets just results

And lets be honest, I was lying.

So a hug with you, Bozza and papa Lazarou would go some small way to sorting things out.

Even the tanker load of alcohol I put down my gullet on saturday didn't help

Thanks heaven for Burnley and boro fans to show me the error of my ways. Or indeed the Qpr fan who has started plaguing me on Twitter. It's because we are all 'puffs' apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here