Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things Brighton fans find embarrassing....

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just from the board in the last two days:

* Trying to create an atmosphere
* Suggesting any new songs
* Applauding any fans for attendance to a football match
* Balloons and streamers to welcome the players out
* Drum to help fans sing in time
* Having the words to our anthem on screen for 28k fans to sing along to
* A pitch invasion if we make it to Wembley

Do these things really make you embarrassed?
Are you red with the shame of how embarrassing Boro fans were on Saturday making noise and singing with a drummer?
Can you barely look a Boro fan in the face because they waved a flag?
Do you squirm of the sofa when you hear Dortmund fans generating all that noise in the Champions league?
Did you have to walk out the stadium at Charlton with utter embarrassment when they had balloons?

Is it time for Brighton fans to stop being so precious and pathetic and go to a football match and enjoy themselves, sing loud and proud and not get embarrassed about things that no other team in the world could give a **** about?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I do not attend a game in order to receive or give out any applause or recognition. I am there because I want to support my side, and it's my choice to attend or not.

I certainly don't get the hump if nobody claps me at the end.

ALl of the other things regarding songs, drums etc is down to the masses to co-ordinate.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I find Selhurst away end embarrassing.

A total embarrassment to football.

But my question is does anyone else? Do the opposing fans, commentators and pundits find the atmosphere generated at Selhurst Park to be pretty good or can they barely watch the utter embarrassment?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This thread's embarrassing.

I think the fact that some of our fans would find it embarrassing if we had a pitch invasion making it to Wembley absolutely pathetic. If you cannot enjoy yourself when you get to a Wembley final then we may as well all give up watching the game.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But my question is does anyone else? Do the opposing fans, commentators and pundits find the atmosphere generated at Selhurst Park to be pretty good or can they barely watch the utter embarrassment?

Some Palace fans I know who sit in the upper Holmsdale don't think much of them.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
How about not taking everything you read on the internet to heart... If you want to start new songs then start new songs, if you want to try create an atmosphere then try to create an atmosphere, if you want to take streamers/balloons to games then do it - the players DO appreciate it and that should be more important than some miserable keyboard warriors' opinion on a football forum

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think fans on this board who call others embarrassing, do it to make themselves look 'cool', as if they are above such things. In reality, they probably couldn't give a stuff about others opinions.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Are you red with the shame of how embarrassing Boro fans were on Saturday making noise and singing with a drummer?
Do you squirm of the sofa when you hear Dortmund fans generating all that noise in the Champions league?
Did you have to walk out the stadium at Charlton with utter embarrassment when they had balloons?

Is it time for Brighton fans to stop being so precious and pathetic and go to a football match and enjoy themselves, sing loud and proud and not get embarrassed about things that no other team in the world could give a **** about?

I'm nearly 100% in agreement except I would not applaud away supporters, never, ever. Unless it was a plucky Div 4 side that take us all the way in a cup match with their die hard 400 supporters on a Tuesday night.

I find the seemingly non cohesive few on NSC who tend to show no intelligence for football whatsoever, except how to swear at anyone that disagrees with them embarrassing however.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Embarrassing - bloke next to me at Boro probably in his law 50s who hardly watched the game and spent all the time making gestures to and swearing at the Boro fans, as did the teenagers with him. 70s throw back, how can they still exist?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

In a nutshell, YES!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The only thing I would really object to is goal music. Everything else I'm not fussed about. If helps to create an atmosphere, go for it.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 683

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Brighton fans are some of the most precious in the country

My favourite post on here in the last few days has been whatever gimp complained that Middlesbrough fans didn't applaude us at the end. Yes, because if Brighton had just won promotion to the top flight on the last day of the season the first thing I would have done is invaded the pitch, run over to the South Stand and clapped whoever we were playing. Sod celebrating our own promotion.

Not to mention STILL going on about Mike Dean for showing a red card based on an injury 72 hours after it happened. When a large number complained that whoever was referee against Burnley should have looked at Kayal's leg and based a decision on getting Barton off based on that

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

We used to see Drums and flags at the Goldstone only at half time though, as part of a pitch invasion by a marching band.
What I find embarrassing is threads like this, just do it if you want to.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I find the seemingly non cohesive few on NSC who tend to show no intelligence for football whatsoever, except how to swear at anyone that disagrees with them embarrassing however.

I was going to post exactly the same sentiment.

This in particular around the reasonable supporters from other places who have come on here over the last few days. Admittedly they are outnumbered by the trolls, probably, but if they actually bother to come on here and wish us well, I do not take it as patronising at all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The absolutely whining and grizzling this board has become the last couple of weeks. Everyone is against us, we are being cheated, nasty Boro fans, our poor players blah blah.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I think the fact that some of our fans would find it embarrassing if we had a pitch invasion making it to Wembley absolutely pathetic. If you cannot enjoy yourself when you get to a Wembley final then we may as well all give up watching the game.

On this subject, I spotted a Reading fan on Twitter today, mocking QPR because some of their fans invaded the Loftus Road pitch after their last home game (think they finished 13th).

A Reading fan.

Sniggering at somebody else's pitch invasion.

Yes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here