Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday - Referees Assistant is from Barnsley

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Which is approx 10ish miles from Sheffield....We should be allowed an assistant from Worthing for the home leg!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
can you imagine the uproar if he gives a contentious decision to Wednesday? The FA must love the grief!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Which is approx 10ish miles from Sheffield....We should be allowed an assistant from Worthing for the home leg!

Pffft. Living in Barnsley makes him no more likely to be a Wednesday fan as Rotherham, Blades, Leeds or Doncaster Rovers.

Besides. Having that nice neutral Mr Dean on Saturday didn't work out too well, did it?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Pffft. Living in Barnsley makes him no more likely to be a Wednesday fan as Rotherham, Blades, Leeds or Doncaster Rovers.

Besides. Having that nice neutral Mr Dean on Saturday didn't work out too well, did it?

But he is still from South Yorkshire...At least an assistant from Worthing would be from a different county!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Are you implying that Barnsley have got no fans Edna?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The official in question is the one who flagged to give Liverpool their late penalty at Castle Greyskull a couple of months ago, thus sending Palace to a last ditch defeat, royally pissing off Alan Pardew and causing home fans to start online petitions demanding the FA order the game to be replayed :lol:

Sounds like a bloody great linesman to me.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The official in question is the one who flagged to give Liverpool their late penalty at Castle Greyskull a couple of months ago, thus sending Palace to a last ditch defeat, royally pissing off Alan Pardew and causing home fans to start online petitions demanding the FA order the game to be replayed :lol:

Lets hope that is the case!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

He should have been promoted on that alone!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There is absolutely no way that anyone from Yorkshire should be involved in officiating a game involving a Yorkshire team.

There is apparently no diligence in the allocation of match officials and the whole process should be a lot more transparent.

I remain quite surprised that Pawson was given our game against Burnley having sent off 2 of our players previously.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
There is absolutely no way that anyone from Yorkshire should be involved in officiating a game involving a Yorkshire team.

There is apparently no diligence in the allocation of match officials and the whole process should be a lot more transparent.

I remain quite surprised that Pawson was given our game against Burnley having sent off 2 of our players previously.

I totally agree...There has to be a diligence process, surely?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here