Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you like to be an owner of a football club?

Peacehaven and Telscombe FC are to become community/supporter owned.
Below is a link to a crowdfunder type page where you can purchase community shares with a minimum investment of £100 (stay with me) this may appeal to local businesses and those that perhaps live local and can afford such an amount.
We need to raise £35k by the end of June (£8k already pledged)
If this goes ahead there will be opportunities for supporters to invest a smaller amount and still remain an owner with the same voting rights as larger investors.
There will also be a chance to donate smaller amount for those that just want to help.
At the moment I just want to highlight the link below on a "you never know" basis!
There will be a membership scheme at affordable prices which will also make you an owner (details to follow)
The link provides more info.
Thanks for reading (and thanks to Bozza for giving this post his blessing)

http://www.microgenius.org.uk/project/save-football-in-peacehaven-52

Also feel free to leave some comments (good or bad) on the link below, you don't have to log in. I'm desperate!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are they one of the Sussex teams that pay the players well above a sustainable weekly wage, so losing a lot each week.. Just asking not suggesting they are.

Are they one of the Sussex teams that pay the players well above a sustainable weekly wage, so losing a lot each week.. Just asking not suggesting they are.

Have done in the past under different owners, we are bringing Peacehaven United (mid Sussex league) in as one club. The players are unlikely to receive any payment of any note, The remit for the new team manager was "must be prepared to work with little or no budget".

We are not going into this to get into debt.

What happened to all the money that was being paid out at Peacehaven a couple of years ago?

It wasn't all that money at all, players were promised, we signed Sami El Abd and Tommy Fraser just to name two, let's say for one reason or another they didn't hang about for long. Last season our "top earner" was Jamie Brotherton, he was on thirty quid a match. He was the last to walk.

You might getting confused with the Heath???

Shaun Saunders is very competitive, his dynamic with an "anything's possible" attitude. At Peacehaven a chairman we had briefly was a bit of a dreamer and eternal optimist, so between them they had big plans but the punters just didn't come through the door.
(We had a "big" friendly lined up for some time against a strong Luton side, I think some of the committee were expecting 1500 and made plans accordingly, I think on the day it was 342)

Anyway back to Shaun, he's at HH now and they pissed county 2 as he's well connected with local players. unlike some at PTFC I wish him well and look forward to going up there next season.

I stated on an earlier thread that we accept that we've over spent in the past I'm puzzled as to why a lot of people are not happy until clubs guilty of this "crime" have gone bust and 95 years of history have gone down the khazi. No one involved in the steering committee that is overseeing this was involved in running the club 2 years ago. We are going into this with our eyes wide open and accept that next season in the county league will be a struggle and the first objective will be to stay up as there is no budget for signing or even wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here