Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Girth Crooks talking bollox again.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"....who narrowly missed out on promotion this season" - er, do they know something we don't???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A friend of mine played football with him when he was a kid (church team :lolol:. . . say no more). Apparantly he was a puffed up windbag even at the age of 13

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quite a natural logical question, whether he would return is debatable but still the question remains. A lot of names will be thrown in the pot for Newcastle and Villa and CH will be suggested for other jobs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Crooks is an idiot. He once said that Avram Grant got the Chelsea job because he speaks Russian. He doesn't.

Anyway, Hughton wouldn't go anywhere near Newcastle while Ashley has anything to do with the club.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Quite a natural logical question, whether he would return is debatable but still the question remains. A lot of names will be thrown in the pot for Newcastle and Villa and CH will be suggested for other jobs.

Thanks BG :) :)
It's #TeamChrisHughton not #TeamJabbatheHut

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Can't stand Crooks. He doesn't talk, he pronounces. I think someone must have told him he was a bright lad at some stage in his development and he believed it. He takes himself VERY seriously. A real BBC time-server.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Garth and Chris are GOOD friends , SAY no more

100% this.

It could all be bollocks but they are mates. After the Charlton game they were in the direction lounge sharing a bottle of wine and having a right old laugh.

Both thoroughly decent blokes

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I personally can't see him walking away from us, he knows that time is needed to achieve success, and with Bloom at the helm he will get this. Why would you swap Bloom for Ashley or Learner? Chris knows we have over achieved so far this season, and he even said this in his own words, it was always next season he expected us to have the best chance of reaching the Premier League, once he got everyone he wanted in, and those he didn't want out of the club. Nothing will ever surprise me in football given the money nowadays, but I just can't see him leaving us anytime soon.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Garth and Chris are GOOD friends , SAY no more

Here's what I think on this matter.

Ernest is correct they are best friends.......This article surprises me. Garth knows how it ended for Chris at Newcastle and how badly he was treated b Ashley & Co.I do too. I have a feeling he would like Newcastle to come knocking at Chris' door knowing they need to bounce back quickly and Ashley knows Chris has great experience and success at Championship level.

That would allow Chris to say ''Thanks but no thanks'' Garth would get a lot of pleasure if that were to happen I think, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge Garth on that article.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crooks is an idiot. He once said that Avram Grant got the Chelsea job because he speaks Russian. He doesn't.

Anyway, Hughton wouldn't go anywhere near Newcastle while Ashley has anything to do with the club.

Speaking of managerial shenanigans, Charlton have announced tonight that they've been given permission to speak to Northampton's Chris Wilder.

On the one hand, how disappointing for Cobblers fans, given the incredible season they've just had. On the other hand, if any higher level club was going to try and tempt your manager, you'd probably want it to be Charlton right now. Surely Wilder would be crazy to take any job at the Valley currently.

Guess it will depend on how loudly their money talks.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He said very nice things about Peter Ward to me.

Until he put his head in newspaper and made it very clear the conversation was over :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You can be a bit of a prick with statements like that

All said completely tongue in cheek,although you do appear to have a vast knowledge of the man and his thought process.

I quite often aim to be a complete prick, sometimes as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here