View Poll Results: DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

155 50.16%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

154 49.84%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I've always wanted a drum....
    In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      No drum or goal music whilst Martin Perry is at club as he said 'over my dead body' totally agree with him. My Palace mates hate the drummer as they think it's embarrassing. Get a drum and you will stop me and others going. Think If there was a vote, the no drum would win, I bloody hope. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bobbysmith01 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No drum or goal music whilst Martin Perry is at club as he said 'over my dead body' totally agree with him. My Palace mates hate the drummer as they think it's embarrassing. Get a drum and you will stop me and others going. Think If there was a vote, the no drum would win, I bloody hope. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Goal music i accept.....drum? have you never banged the back of a stand anywhere home or away with your hands and feet,the seats even,perhaps? to replicate the sound of a drum? my rant over too
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

0 Not allowed!
      Drum machine programmed by Norman with all the songs preprogrammed for the whole match with song lyrics prin...no sorry I've been drinking
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||

4 Not allowed!
      Been torn since the weekend.

Go to somewhere like Reading on a Tuesday night with the ground half full, and it's annoying & sounds desperate. The Huddersfield lads tried hard too, but I thought they killed the atmosphere a bit by banging randomly every time anybody in the Albion contingent tried to get any songs started.

I also think it depends massively on the drummer, as @Hotchilidog says, you need to know when to get on it, and when to shut up. That takes somebody with the ability to spot the right moment, as well as the ability to actually pick the right rhythm and hit the thing in time. Saturday was a great atmosphere, but we've all seen televised games from the Riverside this season. They haven't all been like that, not by a long shot.

I'd be interested to see what happened if we could find somebody good enough. It's still a million miles away from goal music IMHO. That should never happen (and I think the Albion have long said it wouldn't).
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      The best is yet to come The Sock of Poskett's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Let's give it a go and see if it helps.
      At the risk of going over old ground, the problem in the North isn't so much groups that deliberately compete, it's just the hardcore singers and song leaders are not grouped together. If they were all in the middle of the North, we'd all be singing one song at a time and making a MUCH better noise.
      If a drummer - or a bloke with a megaphone - or a team of people in gorilla suits playing triangles - helps keep people together and singing as one, let's get on with it.
      "But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."

Feegle tactics (Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men)

0 Not allowed!
      although the atmosphere has improved immensely in the last few home games, I am all for something that will only continue to make it louder and more hostile, if a drum does that then I am in the yes camp
      Saturday = Football...Deal with it

0 Not allowed!
      Rather have a drum than clackers as long as its in the north far away from me.
      We are blue we are white we are ****ing dynamite.

1 Not allowed!
      I do enoy the fact we are quite happy to have someone bang the back of a stand to get an atmosphere going but as soon as the thought of using a drum for exactly the same - and arguably better - effect comes along people go crazy with rage

0 Not allowed!
      The atmosphere is just for the fans . When anyone plays at home they players say 'the fans are the 12 man' yet when they play away they say 'we are professionals it does not affect us'. Boro didn't win on Saturday because they had a drum.