Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So........ Drum at the Amex????

DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

• Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

Votes: 154 50.0%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

Votes: 154 50.0%

• Total voters

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Can we have a section that dresses all in black, is lead by a Spurs fan and the only lyrics we have to know are 'whoa,whoa,ahh,woah'?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like some others, I am slowly coming round but I'll stress the key reason is that I think a beat could keep songs properly-paced and, maybe, enable multiple stands to be co-ordinated.

Currently most songs experience extreme acceleration to the point it's not possible to actually get words out as the speed reached is just too fast.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Like some others, I am slowly coming round but I'll stress the key reason is that I think a beat could keep songs properly-paced and, maybe, enable multiple stands to be co-ordinated.

Currently most songs experience extreme acceleration to the point it's not possible to actually get words out as the speed reached is just too fast.

Even the new AK song "I just don't think you understand...." has become incredibly fast on the 2mil...better than Ozil that im sure no-one has a clue what we're actually saying!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
one step from goal music and the ridiculous tannoy announcer saying the surname of the goal scorer...

NO NO NO for the love of football NO

Oh go on then:

41aAoCcbKoL._SY300_.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm in favour if it is decent drum and that is played by someone competent who can keep a rhythm and know when to drum and when not to. The Boro drummer was very good.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

But there has to be one song sung at a time for that to work. Some seem very keen just to plough their own furrow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But there has to be one song sung at a time for that to work. Some seem very keen just to plough their own furrow.

Agreed. There would need to be some goodwill shown by what seem to be competing factions. From my lofty position in the WSU, I have no idea if that is possible or not.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'm coming round to it, too. Not just any old drummer though. I found out last week that the drummer at Dulwich Hamlet (whose fans do the whole singing/drumming thing very well, bearing in mind the size of their crowd) used to drum in a half-decent band. There's an art to it.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Agreed. There would need to be some goodwill shown by what seem to be competing factions. From my lofty position in the WSU, I have no idea if that is possible or not.

This whole "2 groups competing in the North" is absolutely killing any chance of the atmosphere.... I've never fc(king heard anything like it before at any ground, why do we have to be so backward!!!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No.

Possible Third poll question .... how many voting yes would be willing to have the drum within a 10 seat distance of where they are sitting or even in their section? :glare: #nimby

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No. Boro's atmosphere wasn't good because of the drum, it was good because they had a full house and it was a big game.
I don't think songs being sped up is a massive issue really.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No. Boro's atmosphere wasn't good because of the drum, it was good because they had a full house and it was a big game.
I don't think songs being sped up is a massive issue really.

THIS.

It would be good to keep a beat in a really big game but the atmosphere is going to be there anyway. It would, however be absolutely ridiculous in a Tuesday night game with less than 20K in. Charlton's was dreadful last season. It was literally JUST a drum.

Plus it's against everything I believe in football wise. The Goldstone North Stand had no problems keeping time by clapping. Plus The Judge would buy his own drum and cut across any beat started from "the other side"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here