Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona FC in the country.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Barcelona are staying at St Georges some time in July. Any chance of a friendly?
And why not use our facilities, could have been free for a game.

And please don't say 'be playing them in Europe in two years time'.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Barcelona are staying at St Georges some time in July. Any chance of a friendly?
And why not use our facilities, could have been free for a game.

And please don't say 'be playing them in Europe in two years time'.

Why would they want to use Lancing when they are staying at St George's park?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Barca [and other Spanish clubs] cost an arm and a leg to play a friendly match. A couple of years ago Bournemouth played Real Madrid, it was reported to cost Bournemouth £1M to host them, with match tickets costing £60.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Barca [and other Spanish clubs] cost an arm and a leg to play a friendly match. A couple of years ago Bournemouth played Real Madrid, it was reported to cost Bournemouth £1M to host them, with match tickets costing £60.
And Bournemouth covered their costs. I'd pay £60 to see Messi et al. Real Madrid GUARANTEED there stars would play, hence it sold out (12,000 only though)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
And Bournemouth covered their costs. I'd pay £60 to see Messi et al. Real Madrid GUARANTEED there stars would play, hence it sold out (12,000 only though)

at £60 a ticket I would have thought we would see something similar 12,000-15,000 attendance. That would bring in something around £800K revenue. I dont think Tony Bloom would want to cover the other £200K along with other such costs associated with hosting the event [marketing / stewards etc].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here