Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Inflammatory Threads Be Removed From NSC?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I realise that most supporters of other teams who post inflammatory comments about us are quickly banned. What I don't get though, is why threads they start are allowed to remain.

The damage is done if their opening comments are still there for everyone to read.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
During normal season it's fun to have a bit of stick from some other fans, but when we're being robbed of promotion, I really don't see the point in letting ***** coming here on a windup, and like you say, leaving the threads up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What damage is done? Providing it's nothing that crosses the line - racism, homophobia etc. - then I don't see the problem.

It's also quite amusing when rival fans posing as Brighton fans are outed due to registering using the same email address as their Twitter or Facebook accounts.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
What damage is done?

Calling us, 'bitter, sore losers' is not a comment designed to start a discussion about football. All it will do is get people replying with lots of expletives.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We have seen nothing yet. Imagine that we lose in the play-offs and Palace win the cup.

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
<mod edit>

Rival fan posting stuff that will derail the thread. No, thanks - not on this thread. It's an interesting thread, for Albion fans to proffer their views if they any.

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
<mod edit>

Rival fan posting stuff that will derail the thread. No, thanks - not on this thread. It's an interesting thread, for Albion fans to proffer their views if they any.

Fair enough. Irks me that rational discussions are happening on our boards though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe we've not been consistent enough - the viewpoint is taken on board.

I'll add that it was a difficult 24 hours or so immediately following the match, with a fair number of us in Boro or travelling back from Boro making it difficult to be as engaged in moderating as we may otherwise have been. In many instances, the most important action was to stop the abusive posting from being able to continue, and that was done. A tidy up was seen as secondary, and less urgent.

We don't do any shifts of any kind - all moderators work to best endeavours - pitching in when they can. It had been suggested to me a few weeks ago that we may be a bit light-handed, and this weekend may have highlighted that we are. I'll look to address that over the Summer.

For now, new user registration is turned off. When I re-activate it, all new users will have to have their opening posts manually moderated prior to the appearing on the board. This will offer a greater level of protection than I've felt has been necessary before.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I realise that most supporters of other teams who post inflammatory comments about us are quickly banned. What I don't get though, is why threads they start are allowed to remain.

The damage is done if their opening comments are still there for everyone to read.
Man up ffs !!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

I'll add that it was a difficult 24 hours or so immediately following the match, with a fair number of us in Boro or travelling back from Boro making it difficult to be as engaged in moderating as we may otherwise have been. In many instances, the most important action was to stop the abusive posting from being able to continue, and that was done. A tidy up was seen as secondary, and less urgent.

We don't do any shifts of any kind - all moderators work to best endeavours - pitching in when they can. It had been suggested to me a few weeks ago that we may be a bit light-handed, and this weekend may have highlighted that we are. I'll look to address that over the Summer.

For now, new user registration is turned off. When I re-activate it, all new users will have to have their opening posts manually moderated prior to the appearing on the board. This will offer a greater level of protection than I've felt has been necessary before.

it's a football forum .....and a bloody good one at that ....let them come.....we'll deal with them...if they get all knobby then ban them.....really not a problem for me......just saying like , what have we become for goodness sake....??

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surely we can cope with a bit of ribbing from other fans? If you don't like it don't read them. What the hell has happened to people that we can't bare to hear from people with differing opinions.

The wind ups from other fans are only successful because our members alwAys rise to the bait. Again ignore them if you don't like them.

Why do we have to ban everybody we don't agree with and delete their terrible ideas?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

A greAter level of protection? What are you protecting us from? Those non Brighton fans and their mean words?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
it's a football forum .....and a bloody good one at that ....let them come.....we'll deal with them...if they get all knobby then ban them.....really not a problem for me......just saying like , what have we become for goodness sake....??
What have we become ? See the opening post in the ''coins thrown at us during the game''thread, some complaining about coins being thrown , fair enough, but he then goes on to whine about ''very few applauding us post game'' :facepalm:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Surely we can cope with a bit of ribbing from other fans? If you don't like it don't read them. What the hell has happened to people that we can't bare to hear from people with differing opinions.

The wind ups from other fans are only successful because our members alwAys rise to the bait. Again ignore them if you don't like them.

Why do we have to ban everybody we don't agree with and delete their terrible ideas?
spot on.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Disagree.

Move them to a separate forum ( 'away end' / Other Stuff ), and those who want the threads can read them there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here