Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I know the FA are unlikely to do the right thing.....

but does anyone know when we are likely to hear the outcome?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it's normally straight after the weekend's matches isn't it? Hopefully today (not as though I hold out any hope as such - since when have the FA ever actually done the right thing?)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The FA will announce the result of the appeal shortly before going into the session to hear the evidence.

They will also Announce the as a result of the trial on Saturday, Middlesbrough will be allowed to pick who they want to referee all their games next season.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Even though it should never have been a red, anyone with a shred of hope this will be overturned is pissing in the wind IMO.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Even though it should never have been a red, anyone with a shred of hope this will be overturned is pissing in the wind IMO.

Being punished twice is a bitter pill to swallow....Lets hope the FA don't come out of this looking as inept as FIFA

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

This. I'd love it to but it'll be upheld.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If they don't rescind this red then it's an utter joke. Stephens was not to know Ramirez would follow through with his leg and catch the bottom of his boot. If they uphold the red then what they effectively are saying is that you can't control a ball with the underside of your boot. And no ball over 1ft off the floor is to be challenged.
They should really be looking into why Ramirez seemed unprotected on his shin area and whether blade boots (if Stephens was wearing them), need to be banned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here