Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed Ticket allocation

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not seen anything posted , but is there an official amount that have to be made available for play offs . I thought 2000 was a bit stingy from Wednesday given the capacity .

Did the club only request 2000 ?

Are we likely to restrict them to 2000 ?

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Not seen anything posted , but is there an official amount that have to be made available for play offs . I thought 2000 was a bit stingy from Wednesday given the capacity .

You've given us 2000, we've given you 2000. Can't say fairer.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I believe it was Wednesday's decision to only provide 2000, as a result we are also only providing them with 2000.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I believe it was Wednesday's decision to only provide 2000, as a result we are also only providing them with 2000.

i would love to find out the protocol for such things or is it really a tit for tat thing ! .

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016

Definitely bet there was some element of SYP in that. Also I think we're also going to be using the lower tier of that stand, which even though it is a separate tier still requires excessive amounts of segregation.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
The days of away fans bringing 6000+ to Hillsborough are over and those days were only several years ago.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The days of away fans bringing 6000+ to Hillsborough are over and those days were only several years ago.

Whys that Carlos , is that because more weds fans or smaller ground ?

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Whys that Carlos , is that because more weds fans or smaller ground ?

Some of it is down to away fans bringing less fans to us in the last few seasons, there seemed to be a peak around 2004 - 2010 where it seemed that most teams brought huge followings to Hillsborough, your Wolves would bring 4000, Hull 5000 etc whereas now you don't see these same teams scratch over half what they used to bring. It could be prices but it's only this season where they have increased significantly. There's also been a few elements of trouble with bigger followings, Leeds for example. Basically it's 100% easier to police and cheaper to police if we only give half the stand and leave the other half empty... having said that you're getting less than a third of the stand.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
Very disappointed at the small allocation. Booked accommodation and transport for 8 mates and now fear we wont even get match tickets as we cant buy them til tomorrow lunch time due to loyalty points

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
i would love to find out the protocol for such things or is it really a tit for tat thing ! .
Both clubs are probably very happy with it, and agreed instantly on the phone.

Better that more albion fans can get tickets for the Amex.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I doubt we'd sell much more than 2k for a sh!tty Friday night trek just 6 days after boro away.

plus both home teams would rather pack it full of home fans with the smallest amount of away as possible.

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
The allocation will result in empty seats at both grounds. As I don't believe the Amex or Hillsborough will sell out for a evening match against a non premier league team.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
However, I must admit I was a bit gutted to see we have to pay £30 to use our ST for this game. Weds got it right @ £20 per ticket, shame BHA didn't see that as a good rule of thumb for us seeing as most have spent an absolute fortune home and away so far on tickets over 46 games....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The allocation will result in empty seats at both grounds. As I don't believe the Amex or Hillsborough will sell out for a evening match against a non premier league team.
Eh ?

NSC will be swamped with touts after the sell out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
However, I must admit I was a bit gutted to see we have to pay £30 to use our ST for this game. Weds got it right @ £20 per ticket, shame BHA didn't see that as a good rule of thumb for us seeing as most have spent an absolute fortune home and away so far on tickets over 46 games....
It may be an agreement between the clubs that away tickets are £20.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
It may be an agreement between the clubs that away tickets are £20.

Shef weds are charging home fans £20 for the game Friday. Shame we didn't see it as an opportunity to sell the amex for the same for our fans, just a little thing that bugged me as I ploughed another £30 into the online ticket system this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here