Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will T-Bloom now make changes to the Amex for next season?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Regardless of what league we're in, after sitting through the electric atmosphere at Boro, will TB finally make some much needed changes to boost the Amex noise?

A few things jump out to me....

1. Move away fans to a corner or west/east upper wings.
2. Sell South stand to home fans to have home support when shooting at both ends
3. Allow a "proper" singing area in either the North or South.... perhaps easier in the South if moving the away fans as then no-one will have to get moved from their seat in the North if they don't want to. The south could be like that Red Faction thing at Boro..... doesn't matter what anyone says if its cool or cringy, it bloody works.
4. Long-term perhaps allow a safe standing area behind one of the goals, Celtic have it in their new plans, and people want to stand all game anyway.
5. Bin all the loud PA music on the build up to the kick off and allow the fans to create a proper atmosphere themselves.

The boro atmosphere may have been a one-off, but we need to aim for that. We need some proper long-lasting songs not just Albiiiooooon which fades after 15 seconds. The Amex has its moments but to much of the time the North has some weird inner-stand battle going on with each side which is embarrassing. We really do need to up our game and it starts on Monday.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
1. East Upper, West Upper not possible without structural changes for segregation and probable reduction in capacity as new staircases will not be added.

Moving them to corner got a lot of complaints from East Stand Lower so also not going to happen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the PA does need to be turned down a couple of notches, if only hear yourself.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Away fans in a corner for sure, although the team knew we there on Saturday as did the Boro fans. The sentiment is right though: Don't give any sort of advantage to visiting fans/clubs.

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
Didn't we try and stick away fans in the SE corner before?
Can't remember why it didn't work. (Too near families? or away fans not happy/not selling out.?)

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't remember why it didn't work. (Too near families? or away fans not happy/not selling out.?)

The families complained about the away fans.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Lots of complaints from ES Lower.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Without doubt the away end needs to be south east corner at the very least. small segregation area and fill the south with home fans - might even get some light hearted banter with away fans then and that helps create an atmosphere just like Derby!

Seeing and hearing the riverside on Saturday made me realise we really need to step up - we are "ok" most of the time and a lot better than half the grounds in the championship - but who the f**k wants to be middle of the road - we have a lovely stadium, now's time to make it more of a fortress and not some happy clappy away day heaven for the away end.... and PLEASE GOD stop announcing the poxy away end attendance, jeeez

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Without doubt the away end needs to be south east corner at the very least. small segregation area and fill the south with home fans - might even get some light hearted banter with away fans then and that helps create an atmosphere just like Derby!

Seeing and hearing the riverside on Saturday made me realise we really need to step up - we are "ok" most of the time and a lot better than half the grounds in the championship - but who the f**k wants to be middle of the road - we have a lovely stadium, now's time to make it more of a fortress and not some happy clappy away day heaven for the away end.... and PLEASE GOD stop announcing the poxy away end attendance, jeeez

And PLEASE, stop applauding them. F F S :sick:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This season Brighton's average attendance has been just shy of 26K.

That's 4K spare seats. Why put away fans in a corner when there's a lot of unused space and seats at the Soith? It's a lot easier to keep them there, as the segregation between fans is easy, and there's plenty of concourse space all round. Also keeps away fans further away from the family stand.

When games sell out, there' a good argument to move them to SE corner and part of the South stand. Then move home fans slightly alone to behind the South goal as suggested.

Your 5th suggestion of singing before kick off is a good one. But, I doubt it'll happen. The atmosphere at Boro was a one off. On all my previous visits there (3), that didn't happen once. Saturday's game was a special and unique occasions, that won't happen for a regular league game. Sorry to be a Debby Downer!

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Why put away fans in a corner when there's a lot of unused space and seats at the Soith? It's a lot easier to keep them there, as the segregation between fans is easy, and there's plenty of concourse space all round. Also keeps away fans further away from the family stand.
!

Why put away fans there? because it keeps them away from behind the goal which is always an advantage to the fans and team. It also allows home fans to be behind the goal and create an atmosphere. You could see Boro had moved their red faction all to the previously quieter south stand, but they still had singers in the north. Id rather a couple thousand empty seats in the ESL and WSL than right across the south. Plus it looks sh!t on tv but that's not a big deal.

Surely, TB being there on Sat must have been thinking about how to get the Amex rocking like that - we have NEVER done it that well and that loud, for that long.....and bloody hell have we had some BIG games in this stadium.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the PA does need to be turned down a couple of notches, if only hear yourself.

I'd say the opposite actually. I have to crane my neck to look at the team as it's impossible to hear the opposition team. And there have been a number of queries on NSC this season from people not able to hear who the MoM was

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Install a ticketing system which works

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
And PLEASE, stop applauding them. F F S :sick:
Yes, seems to be a habit now.

Away fans can sing and chant negatively about our support, but as soon as their attendance is announced... let's all cheer them!

They've come to support their team, not do us any favours!

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Let's be honest, we're a fairly middle class club, and the fanbase has grown so much in a short time that not all 26k are going to be die hard. With the best will in the world, our demographics isn't going to lend itself to comparing in vociferousness with an old fashioned working class club like Boro.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why put away fans there? because it keeps them away from behind the goal which is always an advantage to the fans and team. It also allows home fans to be behind the goal and create an atmosphere. You could see Boro had moved their red faction all to the previously quieter south stand, but they still had singers in the north. Id rather a couple thousand empty seats in the ESL and WSL than right across the south. Plus it looks sh!t on tv but that's not a big deal.

Surely, TB being there on Sat must have been thinking about how to get the Amex rocking like that - we have NEVER done it that well and that loud, for that long.....and bloody hell have we had some BIG games in this stadium.

I'm not overly convinced moving the away fans will make such a difference to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here