Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough pitch invasion

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Will the FA take any action over this? Heard that Rosenior and Hemed were allegedly assaulted by Boro fans, as they came streaming on to the pitch before the players had left the field.

And wasn't it classy of some of their supporters to goad and taunt us at the end rather than celebrate their promotion? What a bunch of low life saddos. Well done to the police as well, who just stood there, letting them take the ****. Should have nicked 'em for provocation, or at the very least moved them away from the edge of the pitch.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Fook sake man up. Fans invading pitch to celebrate promotion whatever next? So they goaded you, seriously.

If players were assaulted that's different.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The pitch invasion was unsurprising but Middlesbrough have been warned before about flares. There's another thread with a copy from their local paper.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Will the FA take any action over this? Heard that Rosenior and Hemed were allegedly assaulted by Boro fans, as they came streaming on to the pitch before the players had left the field.

And wasn't it classy of some of their supporters to goad and taunt us at the end rather than celebrate their promotion? What a bunch of low life saddos. Well done to the police as well, who just stood there, letting them take the ****. Should have nicked 'em for provocation, or at the very least moved them away from the edge of the pitch.

Completely pathetic but doubt the FA will do anything. Why they felt the need to taunt us rather than celebrate their promotion is beyond me (although judging by some of them coming on here to wind us up, it should not be a surprise), Worst bit was the police just watching it happen right in front of them rather than doing anything about it. I am bitter but I also think Middlesbrough were classless winners judging by some of their fans at the ground and the ones coming on here.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
62255699.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Fook sake man up. Fans invading pitch to celebrate promotion whatever next? So they goaded you, seriously.t.

Were you there? What do you mean 'YOU''? Not ME personally, you understand. All of us. Just thoughtt it was sad. What would you do if we won promotion? Run up to the opposition fans giving it large - or celebrate?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Completely pathetic but doubt the FA will do anything. Why they felt the need to taunt us rather than celebrate their promotion is beyond me (although judging by some of them coming on here to wind us up, it should not be a surprise), Worst bit was the police just watching it happen right in front of them rather than doing anything about it. I am bitter but I also think Middlesbrough were classless winners judging by some of their fans at the ground and the ones coming on here.

You do know Brighton fans goaded Walsall fans when we won the title at theirs? It happens often.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Obviously it didn't happen, but with the fans gathering on the advertising hoardings, I did wonder what would happen if a Brighton player broke, rounded the keeper and hit the ball into the open goal, only for a fan to run on and stop it going in.

The ref can't give the goal, because the ball didn't go in, and he's not allowed to assume it would have no matter how obvious it is.
He can't give a penalty because no one in the Middlesbrough team committed an offence.
As best I can work out it would be a drop ball on the edge of the 18 yard box in line with the incident. Boro packing the box and block the shot.

The sporting thing would be for Boro to let us score a goal unopposed, but I don't think many people would expect them to actually do that.

We would have been screwed out of automatic promotion by a cheating fan. Would the FA deduct them points - we all know how loathe to act on promotion/relegation issues they are (they seemingly waited until the points deduction on Rotherham wouldn't affect things last season)? Would they still be able to take part in the play offs? Would making them go through the play offs really be punishment, since that's what would have happened without the cheating anyway?

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

I too was really disappointed in the way that a number of those fans behaved, especially the ones whoe were taking photos/videos of us on their phones whilst goading us.

In fairness, the police were monitoring the situation. I noticed that they were taking video evidence of what was taking place on the pitch right in front of us. The situation could have easily escalted had the police tried to intervene in the way that you suggest.

However, I also noticed that quite a number of Boro fans came over to applaud us during the pitch invasion.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Were you there? What do you mean 'YOU''? Not ME personally, you understand. All of us. Just thoughtt it was sad. What would you do if we won promotion? Run up to the opposition fans giving it large - or celebrate?

No i wasn't there but have seen that type of thing a few times. Port Vale at the Goldstone is another time. Luton knocking us out of the JPT etc.

Jan 30, 2008

:tumble:
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Fook sake man up. Fans invading pitch to celebrate promotion whatever next? So they goaded you, seriously.

If players were assaulted that's different.

Our players were left completely stranded on the pitch. It wasn't pleasant.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I too was really disappointed in the way that a number of those fans behaved. Some of the were taking photos/videos of us on their phones whilst goading us.
In fairness, the police were monitoring the situation. I noticed that they were taking video evidence of what was taking place on the pitch right in front of us. The situation could have easily escalted had the police tried to intervene in the way that you suggest.

However, I also noticed that quite a number of Boro fans came over to applaud us during the pitch invasion.

That last line is what struck me more than the first bit....seriously there weren't that many coming over giving it large

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here