Brighton beach
PAY-Brighton.jpg

A Teeside beach

JS24039680.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Probably more people on ours from Middlesboro than true Brightonians too.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
At least there's some sand up here. Try sunbathing on a typical Sussex beach is like a game of human Tetris, having to contort your spine to lie comfortably on the pebbles, and amongst the seaweed, rubbish and other detritus. The crowds make it an unpleasant experience, and the beachside facilities charge extortionate prices to eat, drink or even hire deck chairs.

But at least it's warmer down your way.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
At least there's some sand up here. Try sunbathing on a typical Sussex beach is like a game of human Tetris, having to contort your spine to lie comfortably on the pebbles, and amongst the seaweed, rubbish and other detritus. The crowds make it an unpleasant experience, and the beachside facilities charge extortionate prices to eat, drink or even hire deck chairs.

But at least it's warmer down your way.
Human tetris, that made me giggle:lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The crowd difference reflects the 20 degree temperature difference.

Nobody actually in the sea in either.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would rather visit the Teeside beach TBF, plenty of room to move around and it has sand.
Spent most of my life living in Brighton but always avoided that stretch of the beach at the weekend when it's heaving with day trippers.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Teeside beach everytime,at least I could dig some lug there

the best beach in Sussex is/was the West beach Newhaven

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would rather visit the Teeside beach TBF, plenty of room to move around and it has sand.
Spent most of my life living in Brighton but always avoided that stretch of the beach at the weekend when it's heaving with day trippers.

I prefer Seaford to Brighton,free parking and not much to do so keeps away the riff raff....That said 20 years ago? well let's just say i've aged.. :lol:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
many a great night's fishing on Seaford beach

I've seen 3 cod caught in 20 minutes up at the Martello end (6-10lb)

also a 19 pounder a bit further down

10lb Bass 4lb Plaice

not by me I hasn't to add :lol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another vote for Teeside Beach against the one offered. Miles of lovely beaches away from the Palace Pier pictured. I'd rather be on them.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agree with you here, I lived 30 seconds walk from Seaford beach and I like the peace and quiet there.

:lolol: thought you are in Newhaven,which despite my odd mocking is actually alright too,many a time me and the missus go to west beach....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:lolol: thought you are in Newhaven,which despite my odd mocking is actually alright too,many a time me and the missus go to west beach....

Lived in Seaford before moving to NH, but I still spend a fair bit of time in Seaford.

Shame the sandy part of Newhaven's West Beach is now fenced off, but the pebble beach isn't too bad.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I avoid Brighton beach like the plague on a hot day like today. Between the two, the beach in Teesside looks more my bag although I wouldn't want to live there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've never understood the fascination with sandy beaches, whenever I've been to one I've ended up with sand in my eyes, food, car, etc. Give me peals every time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here