Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton needs a proper song

where seagulls dare

May 8, 2016
While it's been so long since I posted on NSC that I'd forgotten my log-in details (hence first post in a new incarnation), I'm compelled to re-enter the mosh pit for one initial reason: Chris Hughton needs a proper song; he DESERVES one. He's worked wonders and been instrumental in transforming the fortunes and spirit of our great club, whatever those fortunes may be over the coming week or so; and he represents us with a quiet dignity and integrity that's all too rare (yes I'm thinking of you among others Dyche).

We sang Sammy's name more than we have Chris's for heaven's sake; where's the choral justice in that?

So I offer this, borrowing inspiration and tune from the wonderful Oscar Garcia chant of 13/14.

He's Chrissy Hughton
He's got his suit on*
He came from Norwich to help us play
He's understated
And underrated
So please don't take my Hughton away.

(*substitute "with his track suit on" where necessary)

I know he didn't come directly from Norwich but "he came following a period of not holding a managerial position" doesn't scan as well.

Sing up North Stand.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I've often thought about a song for him too! Got a Roy Orbison CD in the car and l always replace the words 'pretty woman' with Chrissy Houghton!! Works well in the car and there's a few apt lines!! Try it!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here