Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were Chris Hughton.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IF you were CH for the next two games.
Who would you start with v Sheffield Weds?
Obviously no brainer Greer for Dunk!
Midfield: no Stephens, so KLL, Sidwell, Murphy, Knockhaert or Kayal!
Upfront: Wilson, Baldock or even Sidwell!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Isn't Dunk still suspended for the away game at Wednesday anyway.
If Stephens is suspended then not mych choice for central midfield Sidwell would need to come in. I would leave the rest of the team unchanged with murphy retaing his place.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If Stephens is suspended then not mych choice for central midfield Sidwell would need to come in. I would leave the rest of the team unchanged with murphy retaing his place.

Drop Baldock for Wilson

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You got me, freudian slip on Dunk, still pissed that DS got sent off, it overshadows Dunks red card :)

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Have already staked my claim in the thread 'My plea to CH for the play offs'.

Baldock needs to be dropped - a 4 goal return from a striker is simply not good enough. I want to see Knocky play in the role behind Hemed as he'll scare the crap out of defenders running at them from anywhere in the attacking third. And play Murphy and Skalak down the flanks. Just thinks this would make us a much stronger attacking threat while we have 2 wingers that will do the defensive work as well when needed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
For me it would be the same team except I would put Rosenior in midfield to replace Stephens if the appeal is lost and Bong replacing Rosenior at full back. And maybe even Sidwell for Murphy in the away leg and swap them two back again for the home leg.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have already staked my claim in the thread 'My plea to CH for the play offs'.

Baldock needs to be dropped - a 4 goal return from a striker is simply not good enough. I want to see Knocky play in the role behind Hemed as he'll scare the crap out of defenders running at them from anywhere in the attacking third. And play Murphy and Skalak down the flanks. Just thinks this would make us a much stronger attacking threat while we have 2 wingers that will do the defensive work as well when needed.

But we have not lost with Baldock starting. And the partnership between him and Hemed has been key to our early season success

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tell the players we are playing Fulham friday and Qpr Monday?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Pointless practicing penalties.

It isn't about technique (all pros are capable of putting in the top corner) it's about holding your nerve under pressure.

How are you going to replicate that pressure on the training pitch?

Ask any striker if he practices shooting?.....totally disagree......yes you cannot factor in pressure,you can always practice what you may be required to do and that is also on occasion take a penalty.

Jul 7, 2003
IF you were CH for the next two games.
Who would you start with v Sheffield Weds?
Obviously no brainer Greer for Dunk!
Midfield: no Stephens, so KLL, Sidwell, Murphy, Knockhaert or Kayal!
Upfront: Wilson, Baldock or even Sidwell!

You've missed out Skalak for a start.

I really hope KLL is nowhere near the bench let alone the starting eleven. He has been pretty dire since his return from injury and why CH has chosen to bring him on in the last two games over first Murpy and then Skalak is beyond me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You've missed out Skalak for a start.

I really hope KLL is nowhere near the bench let alone the starting eleven. He has been pretty dire since his return from injury and why CH has chosen to bring him on in the last two games over first Murpy and then Skalak is beyond me.
Apologies

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Goldson - Bong
Rosenior - Kayal - Sidwell - Murphy
Knockaert
Hemed

I've spent the whole season saying we have to play two upfront to have a chance of scoring goals, but this is a game where we don't need to chase goals. Just keeping it tight and scrapping out a 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 will be sufficient. I don't think we have a midfielder who can replace Stephens and do a good enough job in a midfield four, so an extra man in there might be a good idea. And I like Rosenior on the right hand side as it makes us incredibly tight defensively down one side.

Not bad but Bong has been dreadful since returning from injury. It's to much of a risk playing him. What about putting Ince in a 5 man midfield? At least he has been getting game time with Fulham

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Goldson - Bong
Rosenior - Kayal - Sidwell - Murphy
Knockaert
Hemed

I've spent the whole season saying we have to play two upfront to have a chance of scoring goals, but this is a game where we don't need to chase goals. Just keeping it tight and scrapping out a 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 will be sufficient. I don't think we have a midfielder who can replace Stephens and do a good enough job in a midfield four, so an extra man in there might be a good idea. And I like Rosenior on the right hand side as it makes us incredibly tight defensively down one side.

I quite like the look of that XI for the away leg. Keep Wilson, Baldock and KLL back if we need to chase the game. We need to keep it tight has Knockeart played down the middle before?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
My team would be
gk - Stockdale
rb - Bruno
lb - Bong
cb - Greer
cb - Goldson
rm - Rosenior
lm - Skalek
cm - Sidwell
cm - Kayal.
Am - Knockhaert
cf - Hemed.

id bring Bong back as left back as quality player and wasted on bench, also Rosenior did well at right midfeild earlier in season and for away game give us that bit more solidness with Stephens most likely missing, Sidwell walks into other spot in central midfield, id play Skalek as i thought Murphy was poor vs Middlesboro but had been unused sub so no match experience, and skalek has a great cross on him, knockhart i think be good just behind ( Hemed who needs to improve as i thought has been very poor last 2 games) as doesnt cross that often so why not give him that central role to cause sheff wednesday problems and at same time giving us that extra man in midfield when need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here