Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Thorne suffers a double leg break

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good. Anything that weakens a potential play off opponent is good, particularly Derby.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good. Anything that weakens a potential play off opponent is good, particularly Derby.

Can't quite bring myself to say "good" about any young footballer suffering a double leg break, especially one with luck like Thorne's. Pretty sure he's just recovered from a long spell out with cruciate ligament damage.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't quite bring myself to say "good" about any young footballer suffering a double leg break, especially one with luck like Thorne's. Pretty sure he's just recovered from a long spell out with cruciate ligament damage.

Think he missed most of last season after getting injured on the opening day or something. But yes , second serious injury for him in 2 years

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm being honest. I don't have anything against the man, but he'll recover in 3-4 months; and if it helps BHA get promoted, I won't pretend I'm not pleased. There's also a small matter of 30 000 Derby fans booing Solly March off the field after he suffered a potentially career ending injury that adds a nice sense of karma.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Steve Bruce must be cock a hoop at the events of this weekend.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Really? Your comment is definitely not in the best possible taste. :wrong:

Really, I'm just being honest. Besides, he's only broken his leg and will be back playing next August; until then he'll be getting handsomely paid and receiving the best medical treatment available. Far worse things happen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really, I'm just being honest. Besides, he's only broken his leg and will be back playing next August; until then he'll be getting handsomely paid and receiving the best medical treatment available. Far worse things happen.

Lad's not long back from being out for six months with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. Wouldn't wish a double leg break, just after his recovery from his earlier serious injury, on anyone. Well, apart from maybe Joey Barton. :moo:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Awful. I wouldn't want to win anything on the basis of a rival player getting a serious injury.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Best wishes to Thorne and I wish him a speedy recovery, 99% of Albion supporters would agree, unfortunately like most clubs we have 1% that are brain dead idiots, unfortunately some of them represented on this forum.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well I sincerely hope you're correct in your medical assessment.

Not my assessment. It's reported in papers as a clean break and he's predicted to be back in action in 3 months. He'll miss the play offs and probably pre season. Broken bones are often far less serious than soft tissue injuries, even though they sound more dramatic - look how quickly Tex recovered after his leg break last April.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Best wishes to Thorne and I wish him a speedy recovery, 99% of Albion supporters would agree, unfortunately like most clubs we have 1% that are brain dead idiots, unfortunately some of them represented on this forum.
I take it that that's aimed at me. I'm neither brain dead, nor an idiot, just a hard nosed realist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here