Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewell the Brighton wheel

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
real shame. I'd rather have a big wheel than a giant scaffold pole at the end of the west pier. Much more nicer to look at.

I heard the wheel is being replaced with something else? Some sort of slide?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
real shame. I'd rather have a big wheel than a giant scaffold pole at the end of the west pier. Much more nicer to look at.

I heard the wheel is being replaced with something else? Some sort of slide?

Zip wire I think. I really liked the wheel. I know it was only ever regarded as temporary - but so was the Millenium Wheel in London. I'm guessing the Kemp Town nimbys didn't like it much.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Well if the Kemptonians did not like a big wheel gracefully rotating I don't know what they will think of people screaming like lunatics every few minutes as they slide down a zip line. Better the devil you know.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
give_a_fuck.gif

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Will the other wheel fall off after Friday???

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It would probably have been one of the best things to view from the i360 at night. Shame it brightens up that area.

Not sure why the i360 are scared of it because they are both different and should really compliment each other on our coastline.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Zip wire I think. I really liked the wheel. I know it was only ever regarded as temporary - but so was the Millenium Wheel in London. I'm guessing the Kemp Town nimbys didn't like it much.

Actually it was our idiot councillors who forced it out because the i360 didn't want and competition. That's what happens when a council lends millions of public money to an almost bankrupt architects. Disgracefully biased decision by the council. Another reason I won't be going on the i360.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It'll get stuck within 4 months of opening, close for 6, reopen then get closed again shortly after.

That's pretty much what happened to the tower at Portsmouth. Seem to remember its first few months of operation were dogged by dodgy lifts. Hopefully that embarrassment will be avoided in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here