Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at home

Southwick_Seagull_

Jan 5, 2016
Firstly this is not a moan, we were brilliant on and off the field yesterday at boro and should be extremely proud of all of our efforts. The passion showed by the players and fans was top drawer. However, as an Albion fan at the match, it was hard to not be impressed by the volume and intimidating atmosphere the home fans were able to generate. The only club that I can say that this was similar to was going to Derby, both very similar stadiums and have a capacity around the 30,000 mark like us. They both have great home records and this is not only to do with the players on the pitch they have at their disposal but the intimidating atmosphere they create for visiting teams which is extremely hard to cope with. It has been mentioned a few times that we are better away from home than away, this may be partially because of the brilliant support we take all over the country to support the lads in great voice wherever we go. To do this there are many things that we could look to introduce; firstly, it needs everyone from all 4 stands to contribute rather than coming from the same minority, a drum probably would help, let's have flags waving everywhere and demonstrating the passion we all have for this club by putting all our voices together to show the affection we have to the club and the brilliant players that are playing for us. Anyway let's all be proud for the great achievements of these players since hughton's arrival in the last year and a half or so and let them know how much we appreciate what they've done for our club. Let's be positive and not cocky when it comes to Sheffield Wednesday and back the lads in the best way possible to give them the best chance of winning the tie and hope for the best should we get to Wembley. On to Sheffield we go on Friday, Up The Albion!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The Atmos at the last 4 or 5 matches has been brilliant. Also we don't get on our teams back if they aren't performing. There were even boos when 'brough drew with Ipswich. But I get your sentiment. I think the Amex will rock on Monday week, as will our half of Wembley on the 28th!

Southwick_Seagull_

Jan 5, 2016
Agreed! The issue is our "rocking" is nothing like what they had there, yes they were pumped as it was a massive fixture but Derby for us was just as big and I can bet that Wednesday come it won't be half as loud as it was at the riverside. We were bloody loud yet they still pursing us most of the time. We only ever seem to outsing the away fans at the Amex if we are winning and even then they can sometimes be louder than us

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That song that the home end sang to our left behind the goal was amazing.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We have far too many people who seem too scared to sing unless everyone around them is singing. Grow some bollocks and sing up ffs.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
'Firstly this is not a moan' ..............eventually reads.........please stop going on about a 'lack of atmosphere, boring after a while. If you want to sing, then do so, or join a choir, when I sing in the shower, even the water runs away (get it??!!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here