Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yellow changed to red

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
The thing about all this is that, to make such a big call in the single most valuable game of all time, the ref has to be sure. He clearly wasn't, given that he was holding the yellow for at least 30 seconds before Ramirez knoecked it out of his hand. It's an appalling decision in my view, and made worse by the seemingly arbitrary way in which it was made.

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
Only seen it on TV but the slo mo seems to make it clear that; a) ref should not have blown for a foul b) ref should not have considered giving him a yellow, c) ref should not have changed it to red and d) ref should have booked Ramirez for knocking the yellow out of his hand. A biased opinion I admit but an honest one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When it happened I immediately thought of Calde's tackle v Newport at the Amex when the players leg was broken and Calde was given a straight red.

Calde's red card was overturned.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When it happened I immediately thought of Calde's tackle v Newport at the Amex when the players leg was broken and Calde was given a straight red.

Calde's red card was overturned.

Not such a big game though, was it? I can't see them admitting an experienced Premier League ref made such a bad mistake in a game of this magnitude.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Not such a big game though, was it? I can't see them admitting an experienced Premier League ref made such a bad mistake in a game of this magnitude.

Sadly I agree, and so the decision will impact not just the current most valuable football game of all time but the game that will overtake it later this month as well.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Interesting comment by Naylor in the Argus:

"Why did Dean change his mind? The evidence is confusing. He told the Albion players it was because of the injury to Ramirez but informed Hughton after the match it was on the advice of his assistants, who were both far further away. "

So it seems Dean was already amending his story.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why ****ing not? Of course refs make mistakes every week, it's a tough job.

Our club and our fans should be highlighting the injustice and doing our best to ensure we're not punished even further for a referees mistake.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Our club and our fans should be highlighting the injustice and doing our best to ensure we're not punished even further for a referees mistake.

I hope you're right. I just think it will make them more reluctant to overturn it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

And to make sure the next ref isn't conned by a Forestieri dive or similar.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope you're right. I just think it will make them more reluctant to overturn it.
I don't really disagree with you, I'm just angry at the thought you could be right.

I'm getting a bit fed-up with Chris overdoing the Mr ****ing nice guy.

I love the fact the Chris is decent and respectful, and I hope he stays with us for many years, but that doesn't mean he should pretend Barton's stamp on Kayal was ok. Chris should have made a big deal of it, and got the FA to look at the stamp post match. And he should now be making a big deal about the poor decision on Saturday.

When ref's were in charge of a Manure game, they'd be very cautious about making a 50-50 decision against them, as they knew Fergie would give them hell for it, and that affected their decision making. I don't want Chris to turn into Fergie, but Christ he should ****ing stand up for us and what's right.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I don't really disagree with you, I'm just angry at the thought you could be right.

I'm getting a bit fed-up with Chris overdoing the Mr ****ing nice guy.

I love the fact the Chris is decent and respectful, and I hope he stays with us for many years, but that doesn't mean he should pretend Barton's stamp on Kayal was ok. Chris should have made a big deal of it, and got the FA to look at the stamp post match. And he should now be making a big deal about the poor decision on Saturday.

When ref's were in charge of a Manure game, they'd be very cautious about making a 50-50 decision against them, as they knew Fergie would give them hell for it, and that affected their decision making. I don't want Chris to turn into Fergie, but Christ he should ****ing stand up for us and what's right.

Agree completely. This is how Dyche has manipulated refs all season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
....and Dermot Gallagher has just joined the ranks of the referees' protection union, and come out to effectively say all the ex-footballer pundits are wrong. He actually stated that it was right to give a red card because of the seriousness of the injury, which might need plastic surgery.

Dermot ********........................

Sorry, didn't realise Ar s e h0le would be auto-changed to asterisks!

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
....and Dermot Gallagher has just joined the ranks of the referees' protection union, and come out to effectively say all the ex-footballer pundits are wrong. He actually stated that it was right to give a red card because of the seriousness of the injury, which might need plastic surgery.

Dermot ********........................

So if Ramirez had been wearing proper shin pads it would only have been a booking? What a ******** joke.

This just confirms my fears that there is no way in hell it will be rescinded.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here