Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Let me begin by saying I'm obviously over the moon we have been promoted. But i would of liked it to have been both of us and not burnely. You've had an incredible season and done it on a lot less money than us and burnely. Most seasons you'd have done enough to go up so its a real shame you have the lottery of the play offs. Hughton has created a brilliant team and I think kayal, knock hart and hemed have really stood out as a few of the better players in the league.

Now to the game. Unfortunately for you Ayala and Gibson dominated. Despite you playing nice stuff I don't think you really threatened at all in the final third apart from your goal. In truth I thought we should of been out of sight by half time but that wasn't to be. Having said that i was terrified every time knockhart found a pocket of space, unfortunately for you his final ball was poor yesterday. Both teams seemed nervy and the game was littered with mistakes and no real quality from either side except two good free kicks.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way. despite I agree he won the ball it was a dangerous tackle, hence the gash. Blaming the whole game on this moment seems a little silly because we also lost our best player st this moment, and after the red card j thought you played better with 10 men anyway. Stephens didn't help his cause by having handbags about a minute prior and also all the fouls on Ramirez for the entire game. Even if you feel hard done by, decisions like the balance themselves out over a season anyway I think. It's just the most recent one hurts more. I can list many times we should of won games but didn't because of a bad ref decision, ie Derby, Leeds, Birmingham and likewise there will be games where maybe we shouldn't of won. I'm sure this applies to you as well.

I'm a little ashamed of our coach shielding the ball at the end, and also your coach barging Karanka at the end. Poor form from both sides there. I do think hughton is an absolute class act though.

In summary I thought we were well worth the draw. You've had a great season playing some great stuff and I'm hoping you go up through the play offs.

Good luck!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gave up when i scanned about Stephens deserves red.Same drivel dressed up in other ways. Nothing to see here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Let me begin by saying I'm obviously over the moon we have been promoted. But i would of liked it to have been both of us and not burnely. You've had an incredible season and done it on a lot less money than us and burnely. Most seasons you'd have done enough to go up so its a real shame you have the lottery of the play offs. Hughton has created a brilliant team and I think kayal, knock hart and hemed have really stood out as a few of the better players in the league.

Now to the game. Unfortunately for you Ayala and Gibson dominated. Despite you playing nice stuff I don't think you really threatened at all in the final third apart from your goal. In truth I thought we should of been out of sight by half time but that wasn't to be. Having said that i was terrified every time knockhart found a pocket of space, unfortunately for you his final ball was poor yesterday. Both teams seemed nervy and the game was littered with mistakes and no real quality from either side except two good free kicks.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way. despite I agree he won the ball it was a dangerous tackle, hence the gash. Blaming the whole game on this moment seems a little silly because we also lost our best player st this moment, and after the red card j thought you played better with 10 men anyway. Stephens didn't help his cause by having handbags about a minute prior and also all the fouls on Ramirez for the entire game. Even if you feel hard done by, decisions like the balance themselves out over a season anyway I think. It's just the most recent one hurts more. I can list many times we should of won games but didn't because of a bad ref decision, ie Derby, Leeds, Birmingham and likewise there will be games where maybe we shouldn't of won. I'm sure this applies to you as well.

I'm a little ashamed of our coach shielding the ball at the end, and also your coach barging Karanka at the end. Poor form from both sides there. I do think hughton is an absolute class act though.

In summary I thought we were well worth the draw. You've had a great season playing some great stuff and I'm hoping you go up through the play offs.

Good luck!
He lifted his foot up and won the ball....if you think that's a red card then you need to go to spec savers!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Brighton fan in anger here

We all watched the game you morons we know what happened so stop posting such patronising garbage on here. As for the follow through comment have a look at yourself are you seriously suggesting someone is capable of doing a double action in mid air. It's Dale Stephens not the ****ing matrix.

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016
Surprised at the immediate negativity. Especially since I thought it was a reasonable balanced post with no gloating and wishing you well. If that's the case I'll leave you all be, I normally like to hear the view from the other side which is why I swung by. Apologies for upsetting anyone

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Good luck!

Piss off. We don't care what you think. The fact that a number of ex pros have commented on the red card and said it was wrong shows there is doubt. For me it is clearly the wrong decision and, as I've said on other threads, I'd be embarrassed by the behaviour of Ramirez if I were you.

As for the game, we were better for 15 minutes without creating then, after you scored, yes you should have been out of sight by half time. Fact is you weren't and we then equalised and had momentum before Mike Dean changed his mind and red carded our goal scorer and best player. We've been screwed by a referee in games against you and Burnley. Personally, that doesn't feel very even!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Surprised at the immediate negativity. Especially since I thought it was a reasonable balanced post with no gloating and wishing you well. If that's the case I'll leave you all be, I normally like to hear the view from the other side which is why I swung by. Apologies for upsetting anyone
To be fair most are not happy and this is expected for a while :)
Wrong timing that's all

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Why post though? Surely you would realise there would be annoyed fans after what happened. If you seriously have watched the Stephens red card and think it is still a red, there is little point in discussing it with you as you are so biased.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

It's because you're posting inane drivel about the red card being justified. The only people claiming it was a fair call are either:

A) Boro fans
B) Palace fans
C) Burnley fans
D) morons

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Good luck!

'Evens itself out over the season' Says the promoted team

No it bloody well doesn't

Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Good luck!

Oh do piss off.

Even the ex pros on Goals on Sunday said it wasn't a red, it wasn't even a yellow.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Why so many of these people? Yes, we didn't go up automatically, we are well aware of it. Why come here to patronise us?

And please stop trying to tell us it was a red, because it wasn't. It was barely worth a yellow and I think you know that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here