Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It all evens itself out over the season

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
While we're moaning about the refereeing decision yesterday , I was trying to think about what decisions have gone our way this season that maybe shouldn't have .

Now it might be that you don't remember the decisions that go in our favour as much as ones that go against us but I couldn't think of any at all.

Anyone ? There must be some . If not we're due some luck in the playoffs

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
While we're moaning about the refereeing decision yesterday , I was trying to think about what decisions have gone our way this season that maybe shouldn't have .

Now it might be that you don't remember the decisions that go in our favour as much as ones that go against us but I couldn't think of any at all.

Anyone ? There must be some . If not we're due some luck in the playoffs

Burnley not getting a goal for the ball over the line at The Amex (albeit slightly nullified by the fact they should have been down to ten men for half an hour by then).

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Bristol City at home I think it was 1-1 when they had a nailed on pen after a Dunk tackle. Apart from that though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All teams can make similar claims, the only match that actually matters is the one where it is a be all or end all game and the ref turned out to be a homer, influenced by the crowd and players :down:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Slightly nullified? :moo:

Well.. you know what I mean. We can't say with certainty that Barton being sent off would have won us the game (and promotion as it turned out) or that Mike Dean's utter brain-fart yesterday cost us a win. Was just trying to be even-handed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This football cliche is borne from a different era when football was more physical, pitches were worse, the ball was heavier, players didn't simulate and cheat to con the ref to the same exten and there was no technology.

Officiating has stood still while the game has moved on, yet this cliche still persists. I'm sure Dale Stephens sees things differenty.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well.. you know what I mean. We can't say with certainty that Barton being sent off would have won us the game (and promotion as it turned out) or that Mike Dean's utter brain-fart yesterday cost us a win. Was just trying to be even-handed.

Yep I know what you mean :thumbsup:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Burnley not getting a goal for the ball over the line at The Amex (albeit slightly nullified by the fact they should have been down to ten men for half an hour by then).

Completely forgot about this obvious most recent one !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All teams can make similar claims, the only match that actually matters is the one where it is a be all or end all game and the ref turned out to be a homer, influenced by the crowd and players :down:

Isn't that missing the whole point of the thread, to give some perspective on the fact that yesterday's game was just one of 46 played?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The penalty for the first against Fulham was quite soft. However, given that we went on to win 5-0, it doesn't really feel like a result affecting decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here