Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wednesday are here

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Wahey we're here... what a relief.

Firstly, well done on your season, no one would've expected it especially when juxtaposed with last season but obviously we're all aware that you've had your fair share of decent finishes in the last few years anyway. That's not meant in a disrespectful way but a turnaround under the same manager and many of the same players is pretty impressive, credit to the powers that be for giving Hughton another season.

Secondly, banter!!!! It's pretty awful between the two sides sometimes... the cultural differences must be bigger than I could conceive on my occasional visits to Brighton (which I have enjoyed!). :clap2: A bit of Sid James never hurt anyone.

Practically all of us watched the game yesterday, although Ramirez's injury was like something from Monty Python it probably wasn't a red so I can see grounds for an appeal, obviously we are hoping it is denied, Stephens is a cracking player and that would only benefit us. Again could've gone either way, we know we'd be in for a tough play-offs whoever we faced and the encounters between the two clubs this season show that little has been given by both teams. I just can't perceive two 0-0 draws again. Can you?

Although we are 17,000 points behind you I think we've had a great season and put together a fantastic squad with the aim of a bigger assault next season if we are to fall by our sword this season. I'm pretty sure you'll be the same, therefore the future looks fairly rosey for us both.

Worst of luck, bring it on fell'as and ladies.

Carlos.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We have punched well above our weight this season; just competing with the two promoted teams that have spent silly money has been an achievement in itself, especially taking last season's shambles into account.

To miss out by two goals is so comically tragic it could only be the Albion to do it.

Wednesday are a good side, I'm a little less pessimistic about it than I was yesterday but I'm still a bit 'meh' about it at the moment after yesterday. The players will be distraught, and it'll be down to whether they can use that to motivate them or if it'll bring them down.

I don't see there being many goals in either leg to be honest. You probably have a similar record to ours, where we haven't lost to any of the rest of the play off teams but we've only won one game against the three of them (Hull).

We will appeal Stephens red, which was clearly the wrong decision, but there's no way it'll be overturned; if they effectively admit that an incorrect refereeing call may have cost us promotion, it'll open up a massive can of worms.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
You won't get a rise from me. If anyone wants to talk properly about the game then let us do it. If not then we'll see you in battle so to speak.

Good luck getting that today then. We're all still a little shocked from the farce that happened in Middlesbrough yesterday.
Also I wasn't really looking for a rise or anything pal.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
We have punched well above our weight this season; just competing with the two promoted teams that have spent silly money has been an achievement in itself, especially taking last season's shambles into account.

To miss out by two goals is so comically tragic it could only be the Albion to do it.

Wednesday are a good side, I'm a little less pessimistic about it than I was yesterday but I'm still a bit 'meh' about it at the moment after yesterday. The players will be distraught, and it'll be down to whether they can use that to motivate them or if it'll bring them down.

I don't see there being many goals in either leg to be honest. You probably have a similar record to ours, where we haven't lost to any of the rest of the play off teams but we've only won one game against the three of them (Hull).

We will appeal Stephens red, which was clearly the wrong decision, but there's no way it'll be overturned; if they effectively admit that an incorrect refereeing call may have cost us promotion, it'll open up a massive can of worms.

Nope I don't anticipate many goals, we've not lost to a single play off team but we've drawn all 6 games (four 0-0's and two 1-1's) so it hasn't really helped to tell us what we're going to be in store for, obviously looking at it negatively we haven't won any. For one, the first legs always a tight encounter.

Even if your players are distraught, they are professional athletes and will have picked themselves up by next week. Do you think you will come at us and attack us so to speak because when teams do that we generally start to struggle. Take Cardiff for example, they sat back from the off last week in a game that they HAD to win and we completely battered them it was a bit embarrassing considering it was such an important game. Then take Bristol City, they got into us from the off with high pressure and closing down and they just played us off the park, 4-1. The point is, not in a single game against yourselves, Derby and Hull have I seen any team really go for the win, each game has generally had a reserved and 'defensive' feel to it. We're included in that sentence, we adapt our game significantly when we face the better teams, we are nowhere near as open and attacking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are on a journey.....Wembley 1983 marked the exit from the top flight,Wembley 2016 will mark our return..

Wembley to Wembley.....Via Hereford...

It's our destiny...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The use of the word 'juxtaposed' in the first paragraph has already raised you above pond life.
I'd say good luck but let's face it, it'll be a travesty if we didn't beat a team who mustered twelfty points less than us, so may the best team win.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
The use of the word 'juxtaposed' in the first paragraph has already raised you above pond life.
I'd say good luck but let's face it, it'll be a travesty if we didn't beat a team who mustered twelfty points less than us, so may the best team win.

:D Hey there's no rules in the play offs... the luxury that the 3rd placed team gets is to play the worst team in the play offs. I noticed a thread where you guys were annoyed at playing a team who have 15 less points but that is practically identical to yourselves in the 2013/14 season. May the best team win.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My concern is the momentum. Wednesday were hoping all season for the play-offs and have just achieved it. We have spent all season hoping to get automatic and have just failed to achieve it - the difference between a side that have just drawn level and one that has just lost a lead comes to mind.

I'm sometime doubtful about sports psychologists but how the Albion squad's spirits are handled this week seems crucial - away from that, the good news is that stats don't lie and they're saying we are a better side than Wednesday.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I've got no time for those halfwits who wish to slag each other off on their corresponding fans forums. I'm looking forward to the latest encounter with you fine people from the North. May the better team be victorious.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
May the best team win, which is us by a mile.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Owlstalk really doesn't represent our fans to be fair lads, it really doesn't. And, I'm sure that if you were (unfortunate) enough to meet some members from Owlstalk there's some fantastic and genuine people on there. They just like to get a bit giddy and wind everyone up at all costs. I just want to know why you all get so upset over Sid James!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Wahey we're here... what a relief.

Firstly, well done on your season, no one would've expected it especially when juxtaposed with last season but obviously we're all aware that you've had your fair share of decent finishes in the last few years anyway. That's not meant in a disrespectful way but a turnaround under the same manager and many of the same players is pretty impressive, credit to the powers that be for giving Hughton another season.

Secondly, banter!!!! It's pretty awful between the two sides sometimes... the cultural differences must be bigger than I could conceive on my occasional visits to Brighton (which I have enjoyed!). :clap2: A bit of Sid James never hurt anyone.

Practically all of us watched the game yesterday, although Ramirez's injury was like something from Monty Python it probably wasn't a red so I can see grounds for an appeal, obviously we are hoping it is denied, Stephens is a cracking player and that would only benefit us. Again could've gone either way, we know we'd be in for a tough play-offs whoever we faced and the encounters between the two clubs this season show that little has been given by both teams. I just can't perceive two 0-0 draws again. Can you?

Although we are 17,000 points behind you I think we've had a great season and put together a fantastic squad with the aim of a bigger assault next season if we are to fall by our sword this season. I'm pretty sure you'll be the same, therefore the future looks fairly rosey for us both.

Worst of luck, bring it on fell'as and ladies.

Carlos.

Really? Reading Owlstalk you would think all you need to do is turn up to the semi's and the Final and walk into the Prem.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Really? Reading Owlstalk you would think all you need to do is turn up to the semi's and the Final and walk into the Prem.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/239470-why-do-i-get-the-feeling/page-1

There's some pretty balanced replies in here. I think in general we're the least favourites and have rarely had any success in the past 16 years... in some ways that'd make you think we'd all be sceptical and negative but it kind of has the opposite effect on us. Nothing to lose, everyone else to piss off and just enjoy the ride. That's the general attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here