Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere yesterday at Boro.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am hoping you are having a laugh here, because if you aren't, you are a complete tosser. For your info, I'm a 62-year-old retired senior teacher who lives in a posh town in the South West, but I come from Middlesbrough. I'm only on this forum because my wife's away for the weekend. Your comments are outlandish.

Hopefully you did not teach English to some of the Boro fans that have come on this forum.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
In parts of the country where you have a high proportion of scum (i.e. desolate areas ridden with crime, unemployment and poor education) you will get loud-mouthed morons with no dignity whatsoever. They will therefore have no objection to being noisy, animated and hostile. They've got nothing to lose.

In civilised areas you will have decent, intelligent folk who are as interested in watching and analysing the football as they are creating an atmosphere. Therefore the impact of those whose focus is to create an atmosphere will be diluted.

It's why places like Middlesbrough, Liverpool and Leeds will always be noisy and Brighton, Chelsea and Southampton will not be.

Is this a wind up?
Are you Mrs Thatcher's lost love child or just leading a ridiculously sheltered life?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Boro were loud, reminded me of the away game at Derby in the play-offs when they were very loud too. Not the sort of atmosphere you get at a league match, obviously, so stands out as a lot of our recent history has been in League 1/2.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Boro were loud, reminded me of the away game at Derby in the play-offs when they were very loud too. Not the sort of atmosphere you get at a league match, obviously, so stands out as a lot of our recent history has been in League 1/2.

Notwithstanding the type of game, their stadiums are very similar, so the acoustics will also be similar.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Well bravo, I'm sure you're a lovely guy. But take a look at the videos of your fans attacking our players, the morons who headed for the away end at the final whistle or the hundreds of neanderthals doing the tedious homophobic routine outside the ground and you will realise many of the people from your hometown are animals. As I said, you wouldn't get that in a decent town where people have something to lose.

No players were asaulted and there was never more than 50 fans in front of the away end gloating. I was 1 and a half blocks from your fans in the south stand. I cant coment what went on outside the ground, I would say our support was well behaved. Talking about people with something to loose, most premiership fans sing "a town full of rent boys" to chelsea. Are north londoners, southampton, norwich, up to ur nice fan expectations for singing homerphobic chants?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here