Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wearing shinpads correctly

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
If Ramirez had been wearing his shinpads correctly ie. covering his SHIN, the injury wouldn't have happened when he kicked Stephens leg.
Perhaps he will wear them properly in future

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
this might sound silly, but is their a rule which states you have to have shin pads on, I would have thought that he could get a telling off for not wearing the correct shin pads

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jack Grealish is probably the most famous exponent of the "kids' shin pads" look.

Aston-Villas-Jack-Grealish-in-action-against-Jake-Livermore-of-Hull-City.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it was an FA rule that they had to be worn, but not sure about properly. I recall when the aw first came in there being some refs telling players to pull their socks up?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this might sound silly, but is their a rule which states you have to have shin pads on,

yes, but suspect they dont specify them so we see apprently childrens size being worn. i dont really understand why the plyers wouldnt want the proect offered by some decent pads, and dont need to be heavy affairs with materials these days. i wonder if someone might look at that injury and change the rules to precribe length/width of pad to be worn.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't get why some footballers wear those tiny little ones? Is it a comfort thing? A macho thing? Getting kicked on the shin comes second to being kicked in the balls for the pain and happens a lot when you play football obviously.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't get why some footballers wear those tiny little ones? Is it a comfort thing? A macho thing? Getting kicked on the shin comes second to being kicked in the balls for the pain and happens a lot when you play football obviously.

I'd wear cricket pads if I could ...the pussy I'am, but tbh I normally pull out!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'd wear cricket pads if I could ...the pussy I'am, but tbh I normally pull out!

:lol: yep same! Although I also liked the 'support' I felt they gave me, especially round the ankles. Probably purely psycholgical. Guess if your a professional athlete you don't worry about that kind of thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here