Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beating Sheffield Wednesday

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
As Wolves have shown us yesterday, Wednesday can be beaten,

What tactics would you use against them - if you were CH?

For me I'd watch the wolves match and see how and where Wednesday have weaknesses and attack through exactly the same channels

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
As Wolves have shown us yesterday, Wednesday can be beaten,

What tactics would you use against them - if you were CH?

For me I'd watch the wolves match and see how and where Wednesday have weaknesses and attack through exactly the same channels

I think Wednesday made 10 changes from the previous week

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It's going to be very tough to beat them, especially up there.
I'm less confident about beating Wednesday, than I was about beating Boro and look how that turned out.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It's going to be very tough to beat them, especially up there.
I'm less confident about beating Wednesday, than I was about beating Boro and look how that turned out.

So try get a draw at their place, with a hope of getting one goal and turn up the pressure at home?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need an away goal or 2 to calm the nerves in the 2nd leg.

2-2 would be a good result, 0-0 just opens the heartbreak of Massive scoring at the Amex and going through on away goals even if we draw.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We need an away goal or 2 to calm the nerves in the 2nd leg.

2-2 would be a good result, 0-0 just opens the heartbreak of Massive scoring at the Amex and going through on away goals even if we draw.
There aren't away goals in the play-offs but agree, a goal or two at their place is what we must aim for.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
So try get a draw at their place, with a hope of getting one goal and turn up the pressure at home?

Indeed, but I can never bring myself to say play for a draw, it's like saying they're better than us.
This is Sheffield Wednesday, the biggest club in the whole wide world, with the best fans to boot.
Sheffield Wednesday:lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It matters not what we do against Wednesday as Mike Dean is apparently the ref for the play-off final, so we are not going up this year.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wednesday's result yesterday is insignificant as far as form guide is concerned (as were nearly all results apart from our game and the Burnley Charlton game).

We won't beat them at Hillsborough - we never do - but the fact that we've been scoring loads of goals at the Amex gives grounds for confidence.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It matters not what we do against Wednesday as Mike Dean is apparently the ref for the play-off final, so we are not going up this year.
There's a strong theory that if a ref makes a big decision in a game that he's a bit unsure of, he'll subconsciously favour the team it went against for the rest of the game. Maybe that will carry through into the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here