Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck in the play offs

Mick McDonald

May 5, 2016
Met one of your fans leaving the ground wished him well, we have lost big decisions in key matches Ayla had a goal marked off v Birmingham which would have got us promoted before yesterday. You will come back stronger good luck v Sheff Wed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ayla had a goal marked off v Birmingham which would have got us promoted before yesterday.

No it wouldn't.

That goal, if allowed, would have made no difference - we'd still have travelled yesterday knowing a win for us would put us above you.

As it was, we were cheated out of being able to give it everything by an atrocious refereeing decision.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Atrocious decision ?

Watch the video footage.

1. Dale Stephens, who was bossing the midfield, takes the free ball cleanly.
2. Gaston Ramirez was s-l-o-w and, as a result, shinned the bottom of Stephens' boot.
3. Gaston Ramirez wears child-size shin pads.
4. As a result of 1, 2 and 3, Ramirez hits the bottom of Stephens' modern blade boot, causing himself an injury.
5. Referee Mike Dean was going to issue a yellow card, which was harsh.
6. Ramirez knocked the yellow card out of Dean's hand and points to his leg.
7. Mike Dean inexplicably gives Dale Stephens a red card.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Atrocious decision ?

thanks for your good wishes mick but yes ....it was not a good decision by Dean and it altered the game ....stephens took the ball and ramirez has followed through with his shin onto the bottom of stephens' boot.......Dean made his decision based on the injury not the foul........but fair play to you lot , passionate fans and you deserve to go up after missing out last year......hopefully we get up too as it's only going to get more difficult from this season onwards.

Mick McDonald

May 5, 2016
It was a bad injury he deserved a red card, if it was the other way round you would be shouting for Ramirez to go.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a Rangers fan wrote on the NSC Facebook page:

"I'm a Rangers fan, I have absolutely no affiliation to either Middlesborough or Brighton, but was watching the game today with my old man. We both said at the same time, there is a "tackle" like that in almost every single game of football, and 99% would go unpunished. What happened to Ramirez is horrible, and looked it, but you don't give fouls/cards based on what the injury looks like. Poor decision. Ruined what was shaping up to be a cracking game. "

Mick McDonald

May 5, 2016
It's called banter we have away fans on our forum thought that was the idea about football forums. Like I said at the beginning I hope you go on to get promoted as you deserve success.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I'm not sure what hurts more; the injustice of the sending off; not getting promoted yesterday after losing only 5 games all season; or pundits banging on that Burnley & Boro were the best two teams in the Championship. We need to now get over all of this quickly and give the play offs everything. We are a great side and our time is now!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's called banter we have away fans on our forum thought that was the idea about football forums. Like I said at the beginning I hope you go on to get promoted as you deserve success.

You still haven't replied to the facts pointed out by Soulman in post #4.

Mick McDonald

May 5, 2016
I am not the referee he made the call we have been on the wrong end of bad decisions so it evens out in the end. It was even up until that point so not convinced the result would have been different with 11v11, anyway you have s good enough team to win the play offs. Thought Calderwood was very unsporting shouldering our manager at the end, bad loser for me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thought Calderwood was very unsporting shouldering our manager at the end, bad loser for me.

I agree, but maybe he was a bit frustrated with your teams ball boys going awol as the game wore on, or that one of Krankies side kicks tried to hold onto the ball. You never know what comments were exchanged on the line and Krankie does come across a bit sour.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am not the referee he made the call we have been on the wrong end of bad decisions so it evens out in the end. It was even up until that point so not convinced the result would have been different with 11v11, anyway you have s good enough team to win the play offs. Thought Calderwood was very unsporting shouldering our manager at the end, bad loser for me.

I have to agree with Soulman here, one of your coaches chasing after the ball to try and waste time was unsporting and pathetic, so I understand the frustration from our bench.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Your opening post was very kind.....but everyone since then? It's pretty clear to most that Dean got it wrong...you don't think 11v 11 would have been any different? Give over we had just scored the momentum had shifted and we are talking about 40 odd minutes!
As regards to Calderwood look at your own before you start poking at others.

Now go enjoy your success

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

It's well-documented that many Albion fans harbour a certain warmth for Boro - you're a proper football club in a proper town, you had heartbreak in last season's play-offs, you turned us over at home and your supporters behaved with dignity after it. And you're not Burnley.

As we parked up near the Riverside your fans were helpful and pleasant. The din from the South Stand was world class. But there's a but.

A lot of your south stand faces weren't pointed at the game, they were pointed at the away supporters. Bitter and twisted little faces, all the gestures, all the ancient bigotry in their voices. And afterwards, when the pitch invasion came, so many didn't rush for the centre circle, they rushed for us and revelled in our mute and unresponding silence. We're not perfect but I can tell you now - this would not have happened if the last match had been at the Amex and the situation reversed.

Every club has its neanderthals but until Boro deals with its unusually high quota of inhouse dimwits it will always be concealing the class it undoubtedly has.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I had some good chats with Boro supporters before and after the game yesterday. I found them to be extremely polite and extremely gracious in victory. All in all it was a good trip accept the 8 hour journey up on Friday and of course the result. Good luck to Boro. Also, I would like to mention, nice to see Big Jack alive and well. A wonderful old Gent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here