Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton deserve to be promoted

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Im a Boro supporter, so obviously I'm pleased at the outcome. I think Boro were the better team on the day, but I've watched Brighton a few times, and they can be awesome. They play great attacking stuff. Good luck in the play-offs. The players just need to keep calm.

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
No. I think cheated is a bit strong. They didn't really play that well on the day. And you could see some of the players were losing it a bit. Boro had several chances in the first half, and should have had the match won by half-time. But it is true that the Boro supporters were "bricking it" at the end. That's coz they recognise how good Brighton are. As I said, good luck in the play-offs. If they don't go up, it'll be a travesty. Great manager, great players, and fantastic supporters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will this be the first ever promotion because a player was not wearing shin pads?

He was wearing shin pads, as I keep saying.

Small and low - yes. But he was wearing some.

0f74e8d1d76967ca3e0744af210294b7.jpg

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
The result wasn't down to just one incident. You could see that Stephens was getting heated before the sending-off. As I said, Brighton just need to keep calm and they should make it through the play-offs.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Do we have an issue with discipline on the pitch? Dunk, Stephens, ( and whatever the rights and wrings of the yellow/red card, he had just had a bust-up with Gaston....). one or two others yesterday were close to losing it.. Might be worth Mr H having a word with the squad.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No. I think cheated is a bit strong. They didn't really play that well on the day. And you could see some of the players were losing it a bit. Boro had several chances in the first half, and should have had the match won by half-time. But it is true that the Boro supporters were "bricking it" at the end. That's coz they recognise how good Brighton are. As I said, good luck in the play-offs. If they don't go up, it'll be a travesty. Great manager, great players, and fantastic supporters.

They didn't play very well in the first half and had a couple of scares, which is to be expected in a big game away to a good team. They played okay in the second half, equalised and had the momentum. We'll never know how much pressure Boro could have come under after that or how they'd have reacted because of a red card that the vast majority of 'expert' observers seem to agree was ridiculous. So, yes, cheated is how Brighton feel. Not by Boro but by a decision that had huge implications for the match, the play-offs and - given the absolutely transformative amounts of money available to which our club has never had any access - the long term future. So thanks for the good wishes but it doesn't really help.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Im a Boro supporter, so obviously I'm pleased at the outcome. I think Boro were the better team on the day, but I've watched Brighton a few times, and they can be awesome. They play great attacking stuff. Good luck in the play-offs. The players just need to keep calm.

Thanks for the sentiments. Things are still a bit raw round these parts, so collectively we're not our usual magnanimous selves. There were a collection of incidents yesterday that have combined to leave a bitter taste in our mouths, but that's the beauty of football eh, without this stuff it would be an anodyne sport like Crown Green Bowls (c)Joey'****'Barton 2016.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The cheating was knocking the yellow card out of the ref's hand.

As with Pawson, the ref also has to take his share of the blame for incompetence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The result wasn't down to just one incident. You could see that Stephens was getting heated before the sending-off. As I said, Brighton just need to keep calm and they should make it through the play-offs.

I don't know who pushed who first, but both Ramirez and Stephens were shoving each other.

One is a calm, level-headed player who is one of the best in his position in the division and the other isn't. We all know who is who.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thanks svewa54 takes a lot to come on the opposition board and not gloat like a lot of people do. You'll take a bit of grief but I think it's just still pretty raw.

I agree with a few that the red was harsh, but like you say, you could have been out of sight.

We are massively unlucky not to go up with the points total that we have and we need to make sure that we keep our heads for the playoffs. We can't blame not going up on yesterday's game, over 46 matches to say that a draw at a 2nd place team cost us is crazy. We have been great but unfortunately got it a bit wrong yesterday. Hopefully see you in the Prem - good luck

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Boro haven't had it all easy either. They had a winning goal disallowed at Birmingham, when it clearly shouldn't have been. It's the nature of the game, I'm afraid.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Obviously nobody blames the Boro supporters and across the season their team were very good ,our gripe is with the officials who should take a long hard look at themselves and their decisions .
Did it make a difference ,maybe maybe not ,but it would have been nice to have been given the opportunity to have found out .

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Boro haven't had it all easy either. They had a winning goal disallowed at Birmingham, when it clearly shouldn't have been. It's the nature of the game, I'm afraid.

A winning goal from a free kick that should never have been given you mean.

D

Deleted member 22389

I was OK yesterday, but today I feel pissed off. All I care about is the red card gets removed before our next match, it was harsh. Stephens didn't foul the player, the player came in after he got the ball. Feels like it is all against us at the moment.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

And a QPR goal disallowed incorrectly at Loftus Road which could have seen that game finish as a draw instead. So that's quits, pretty much. Nature of the game indeed.

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Cheers Paul. I logged on here coz I just wanted to say good luck. I'll be rooting for Brighton in the play-offs, but I'll be a Boro supporter when you play us next season!

Shall I tell you what I've noticed about your supporters. It's the passionate scream they let out when Brighton score. It's something else. Frightening!

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Alright. Don't get eggy, or I'll leave! I came on here to wish Brighton good luck, not to get involved in arguments.

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne

Lets please stop all this talk of cheating, congratulate Boro and move on! Enjoy the Premier League mate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here