Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players last night

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
All the team came back to Hurstpierpoint last after the game and had a meal in The New Inn. They had photos taken with everyone and were happy to chat with all, although some of us were slightly worse for wear. They all seemed disappointed, especially with the sending off but totally up for Friday. They were a total credit to the club. I would have thought they would just want to go home but they were a proper team and wanted to stay together. I was dreading the play offs but after talking to the team I now think we are going into them with the right attitude. It was a very unexpected and good end to a long day

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
All the team came back to Hurstpierpoint last after the game and had a meal in The New Inn. They had photos taken with everyone and were happy to chat with all, although some of us were slightly worse for wear. They all seemed disappointed, especially with the sending off but totally up for Friday. They were a total credit to the club. I would have thought they would just want to go home but they were a proper team and wanted to stay together. I was dreading the play offs but after talking to the team I now think we are going into them with the right attitude. It was a very unexpected and good end to a long day

Good to hear. I would not take anything for granted from here on in - the playoffs are and always have been a travesty - but I would anticipate we will give a good account of ourselves.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Good to hear. I would not take anything for granted from here on in - the playoffs are and always have been a travesty - but I would anticipate we will give a good account of ourselves.

They have always seemed like a game of Russian roulette to me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever happens, they have been immense this season. Depressing to think how many we may lose if we fail in the playoffs after one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember. I have seldom seen a team with such great team spirit playing in the stripes. CH has been like a breath of fresh air through the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whatever happens, they have been immense this season. Depressing to think how many we may lose if we fail in the playoffs after one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember. Seldom see a team with such great team spirit playing in the stripes.
Honestly, I know we are all down about things but I do think some are overestimating the number of players we'd lose. Some of them need replacing anyway, because of age.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Honestly, I know we are all down about things but I do think some are overestimating the number of players we'd lose. Some of them need replacing anyway, because of age.

In retrospect this is probably not the thread, or time to discuss it, and I hope that you are right

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably not the thread, or time to discuss it, but I hope that you are right
Our chairman is like Boro's. They had a similar disappointment last season but didn't fold and came back and got promoted. If we fail in the play offs, I'd back Bloom, Hughton and most of the squad to do the same.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We have the best manager and togetherness as a squad to get over this immediately - just look at the huddle we did after going down to 10!

Let's smash the play offs

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our chairman is like Boro's. They had a similar disappointment last season but didn't fold and came back and got promoted. If we fail in the play offs, I'd back Bloom, Hughton and most of the squad to do the same.

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this. Why would they put so much effort (and a fair few quid) into assembling a squad, in what we all thought would be a year of consolidation, that they'd let be happy to sell the best players from within 12 months? Not selling Dunk for £5m at the beginning of this season is a statement of intent.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
We have the best manager and togetherness as a squad to get over this immediately - just look at the huddle we did after going down to 10!

Let's smash the play offs

This with knobs on. If missing out in such an unjust manner as yesterday doesn't motivate them then nothing will. Great to hear of the togetherness of this squad. Stand or fall was never so apt as it is now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Whatever happens, they have been immense this season. Depressing to think how many we may lose if we fail in the playoffs after one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember. I have seldom seen a team with such great team spirit playing in the stripes. CH has been like a breath of fresh air through the club.

Perfectly put.

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this. Why would they put so much effort (and a fair few quid) into assembling a squad, in what we all thought would be a year of consolidation, that they'd let be happy to sell the best players from within 12 months? Not selling Dunk for £5m at the beginning of this season is a statement of intent.

tbf dunk cost us goals and points earlier in the season,not sure if his good performances balanced the poor ones?

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Just thinking, however frustrated we are as supporters, spare a thought for Stevens himself, looked really cut up walking off. Hope he gets to play in the final or even before

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I said about ten games ago we need to score more goals as it might come back to haunt us however the team did start pulling back the difference which gives me more confidence that we can score the goals to finish the job.I Hope The sending off may be reduce to one game ban to save the ref face and not over punish the fans and the club. Keep the faith the season has been good.Get behind the team.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Great to here - assuming stevens is missing, if sidwell puts his best form together now and ball winning skills and skalak plays like he did against qpr and Charlton and we still have a cracking chance of breaking any team down, I wonder why kayal went up very early yesterday separately instead of with the rest of the team though, must have had to have got up about 4.00am not a great preparation for a big game like that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
tbf dunk cost us goals and points earlier in the season,not sure if his good performances balanced the poor ones?
I agree, and I think that accepting that 5m may have been a good deal if we'd identified a replacement. However, it is significant that Hughton is being financially backed to the extent that we can afford to turn down such a big offer for a defender that wasn't even first choice at the end of the previous season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here